June 2012 Moms
Options

Sleigh Cribs and mobiles...

I am wondering if anybody has a sleigh crib and a mobile that fits it? The mobile that matches the bedding does not fit because of how thick the top of the rails are. Does anybody have any good recommendations? Our nursery is done in monkeys, but anything jungle themed would work! Otherwise should I just get one of those light up things that hooks to the side rails of the crib?

Thanks!!!

imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleigh Cribs and mobiles...

• Options

Don?t waste your money on a mobile especially if you plan on having the baby sleep in your room for the first few months.  Once they can reach the mobile the pedi will tell you to take it down I want to say that happened around 6 months, DD slept with us until 4 months.  Our plan this time if it is needed is to get something that projects onto the ceiling it will last a lotlonger. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a sleigh crib and I am putting the mobile off to the side instead of the normal location. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too would skip the mobile.  We used a white noise/ceiling projector and DS loved that!  He still uses it as a night light.  We plan to get another for DD.
  • Options
    imagesnicksnack:

Don?t waste your money on a mobile especially if you plan on having the baby sleep in your room for the first few months.  Once they can reach the mobile the pedi will tell you to take it down I want to say that happened around 6 months, DD slept with us until 4 months.  Our plan this time if it is needed is to get something that projects onto the ceiling it will last a lotlonger. 

This!!  Quite possibly the most useless of all baby items.  Not only was it up for whopping 6 weeks - she didn't look at it EVER.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you everybody! We already planned on buying the Cloud B Monkey that wraps around a rail on the side of the crib and plays a few different sounds so maybe we will just stick with that. As this is our first, I'm not sure how long or if he will be in our room with us, I would like to have him in his crib as soon as possible, but I'm just playing it by ear since I've never done this before!
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is purely for looks-it was made as a gift by a friend and is super delicate (branch with origami birds hanging off it).  I hung it all the way from the ceiling on fishing line.  I'm sure we'll take it down once Baby is sleeping in the crib and can reach up at it, or maybe it raise it higher if he likes to watch the 'dance'.
  • Options

Baby Bie also has a sleigh type bed. If you really want a mobile (mainly for asthetics), I recommend making your own. They are pretty simple, and you can hang it from the ceiling w/ fishing line instead of attaching it to the bed. As the baby gets taller and has more reach, you can just shorten the wire and raise it up. It can be something as simple as sea shells tied to a quilting round or as detailed as you can imagine. I learned a new craft for mine... needle felting. Now, I have a beautiful, hand-made, custom mobile that matches the nursery exactly AND a fun new hobby that I love.

IAmPregnant Ticker image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"