June 2012 Moms
Options

When to arrive at baby shower?

My baby shower is not a surprise. My mom was too excited and told me all about it. :)

My bridal shower was a surprise so I obviously arrived after everyone was already there. But what do you do when you know about the shower? It seems odd to make a "grand entrance" when I already know about it. Should I get there early? What do you all think?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When to arrive at baby shower?

• Options

I had mine at my house, so it would have been weird if I wasnt there from the beginning.  

But, if the event is somewhere else, I like for the guest of honor to show up 15 minutes after the start time.  That way, you're not setting up or appearing to be in charge of the event.  Everyone has a chance to get settled and get a drink.  You also won't be walking into an empty room.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My baby shower was this weekend and I would get there like 20-15 mintues early just to get yourself settled and to greet your guests together. 

I got to mine like 5 mintues late b/c my toilet flooded with like an inch of water in my bathroom and was dripping into my basement and had to clean it up.  Needless to say I was rushed all morning trying to get my house in order and get out the door as after I had like 15 people coming over! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just ask the hostess what time they think/would like you to arrive. 
  • Options
    I had my shower this weekend and I arrived about 30 minutes early. I wanted to give the hostesses their gifts and help out if I could with any last minute things. I would hate to make a grand entrance because I already hate being the center of attention, but that's just me =)
  • Options
    I was happy to arrive on time at mine.  I had two friends that came who didn't know the rest of my girlfriends, so it was nice to be able to chat with them and introduce them to my other friends.  Otherwise they would have been standing around feeling awkward by themselves until I arrived.  Never fun!
  • Options
    Why don't you just go with your mom?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I plan to arrive about 5 minutes before it starts (if I can get going on time).
  • Options
    I think 5 minutes early is appropriate. I don't want to be in the way while they are setting up, but I also want to be there as guests arrive and have my book out for people to sign.
    Baby Boy - Born June 8, 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think I'll get there a little early but I'll double check with my mom & mil who are hosting. Thanks ladies.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My shower is this Sunday, and I plan to arrive about 30 minutes early. I want to be there to greet guests as they arrive. I also have a hard time letting go of helping with the set-up, etc. because I do event planning for a living. Soo, the control freak in me has to arrive early and make sure everything is good to go ;)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    I know about mine and will probably be there with my Mom and MIL to make sure everything is all set up.  I really dont' want to bother with a "grand entrance".  I'm not the type who enjoys all eyes on me (which will be fun while I'm opening gifts from 50 people lol).  I barely handled it during my wedding shower opening gifts. haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"