Multiples
Options

Triple stroller?

I have twins on the way and a toddler. I've been looking online at a few brands but there aren't any stores in town that carry triples. I've seen the Peg Perego brand online, seems to be popular. Then you have to by the car seats to use with it. I saw the Valco has an attachable toddler seat...Anyone?

Re: Triple stroller?

• Options
    Valco is the way to go . The seats lay flat so the babies can lay in then in the beginning.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Do you know if you have to take the toddler seat off to fold flat? Does it take infant car seats? The Peg Pegero takes only their brand of car seats. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Look on Craigslist! I have twins who will be 18 months old when Baby #3 arrives.  I got the Peg Perego Triplette on craigslist (the newer style) for $400 and also got a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio carseat that goes with it on CL for $50.  Total $450 for $1,250 (plus tax!) worth of stuff. When I am done with it, I can re-sell it for at least what I paid, possibly more.

I think that's the best option because then the twins can be contained in a stroller, I don't have to wear anyone, and I don't have to take the newborn out of the carseat. With the Valco,  you can't keep the newborns in the carseat carrier. You would have to take them out of the carseats every time you go anywhere, which is a pain when you have 3 kids.

The downside is that Pegs can be hard to find on CL. I looked for about 2 months and even looked at the craigslists for cities up to 4 hours away.  The other negative is that the Triplette doesn't fold up very small, so you would have to drive a van or SUV (then again, the Valco doesn't exactly fold up tiny either). A plus for the Valco woudl be that once your older kid stops using the stroller, you can take the joey seat off. However, then you are using the Valco as a double and it is huge and cumbersome- not an ideal double by any means.  

• Options

There's a store here that's trying to convince me to get the peg pegero stroller. Of course they have to order it so I can't see it before I buy which is annoying. It looks LONG. I do have an Xterra but the trunk in that thing is surprisingly small. I bought a double BOB before I found out I was having twins. It barely fit. I've been on craigslist a few times looking for a triple. That's where I got my BOB. I haven't seen any listed. The store here says they the stoller will be about $1000 plus $200 each for the car seats. It's more than I wanted to spend, but I do have to buy car seats anyway...If I do decide to order it I have to do it by the end of the month she said that it takes a while for them to get it. I think what I liked about The Valco is that it LOOKS nimble. Which it may not be. There are not any stores that even carry that brand here. I guess I'm not going to be doing any weaving around cones or anything... Are there any other brands you would look into? What I'd really like is one that fits 2 infant car seats. Other than that I'm pretty open. We considered a double with the sit/stand for my toddler, but I think that could end up being a nightmare.

• Options

How old is your toddler? If she will be 2 years or older when the twins arrive, I DEFINITELY wouldn't spend the money on a Peg Perego Triplette. If she's 2+, she won't be in a stroller much longer and you wouldn't get more than a few months use out of the triple (in this case it would be better to get a really good double with a board on the back for her to ride on).  It also doesn't sound like it would fit in your car. On Peg Perego's website they have the measurements of the stroller when folded. Measure your trunk to check if it fits- it barely fits in my Town & Country van.

Another option might be the Baby Jogger City Select. It's a double that can hold two carseats and you could put your toddler on a boogie board on the back. Depends on her age though. Folds up decently small and would definitely fit in your trunk. I have it for my twins and love it. Really just depends on if your toddler is old enough for the boogie board thing.

• Options
    Valco is awesome! I bought mine with the Joey seat and it was great for my toddler. Actually LOVED the attention people were giving her (instead of the twins)... I got mine at stuff 4 multiples. They had a 10%now promo code...dont quote me on that one though.. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"