June 2012 Moms

2nd or more time moms....few Q's:)

When did your Dr first start checking to see if you were dialated? I have an appt this thurs and will be close to 33 weeks, with my first daughter I only made it to 30 weeks so havent experienced all of the end of the pregnancy stuff....any advice for me?

Re: 2nd or more time moms....few Q's:)

• I *think* it was 35 weeks w/ dd #2 and I think it was maybe 37 weeks w/ my first. (different docs) 
  • Oh.....

I am so not looking forward to this. I'm going to try to avoid getting checked if I can. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My office offers it at 36wks but they never make you do it. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine starts at 36 weeks, but you can opt out. At 38, I'll have no choice since I'm high risk
  • I think it was 35 weeks for me but it sounds like it depends on your dr.  I know many who haven't experienced it are nervous, but I really never thought it was a big deal at all.  It wasn't painful for me and was just a quick check.  Plus you can always say you'd rather not have them.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I think my MW started checking me at 37/38 weeks with DD.  I have an OB this time but I assume probably the same timeframe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think 36 weeks is when they did the STEP B test
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Once I was full term at 37 weeks.  I'll be declining them this time.  There really is no need to be continuously checked.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Mine started checking at 36 weeks. They do the GBS test at 38 weeks. Cervical checks never hurt for me, they're just uncomfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine checked around 35 weeks when I went for GBS test. I think the only reason she did was b/c I was having a lot of BH contractions. I ended up delivering DD at 36 weeks, so I didn't get that last month to see if that was something they regularly did or not.

I am hoping it isn't standard where I am at b/c getting an internal exam while pregnant really HURTS if you ask me.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSugarhillHnA:
    Once I was full term at 37 weeks.  I'll be declining them this time.  There really is no need to be continuously checked.

This!!  There is absolutely NO point to being checked.  It doesn't tell you anything.  I've had friends who were at 2cms for 4 weeks.  I've had others who were 0cm/0% and gave birth the next day. 

I declined with #1 and I will decline again with #2.  They can do the GBS with a quick swab - no need to be all up in my business.  If I get to 40weeks and they want to sweep my membranes, then I'll allow them up further.

• My OB will do the Group B Strep test at 35 weeks and will check my cervix then.  He only does appts every 3 weeks, so I assume he will check again at 38 weeks.  With DD, I wasn't thinned or dilated during my appt, but my water broke 2 hours later, so I don't put a lot of stock in cervix checks.  If the 38 week one is optional, I'm going to ask him to skip it since I'm having a repeat c-section anyway.
  • I want to say my OB didn't check me until 39 weeks with DS.  I remember thinking everyone else was getting checked, why not me?  She didn't see the point...in checking, that is.
  • My 40 wk appointment just after my water broke was the first time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"