Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Why haven't I been seen?

I m/c Sat. morning with heavy bleeding and cramps at 4 wks.  Called OB and they said ER visit wasn't necessary and to call back on Mon.  So I called them on Mon. and they made me an appt. for next Mon.  Is it weird to have to wait a full week after a m/c before ever being seen at all?  She said I was so early that it would take care of itself naturally and I didn't need to worry.  They just need to check hormone levels after a week.  It just sucks because I have so many questions that I want to ask NOW.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Why haven't I been seen?

• Options

It is normal to not be seen for an early miscarriage. Some doctors don't want to see you at all. If your cramps are severe or if your bleeding is heavy (as in bleeding through a pad or more in an hour) then you should get to the ER or your doctor asap.

You could try calling and leaving a message with a nurse to call you about some of your questions.

I'm sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    You should definitely call and ask to speak to a doctor or nurse about your questions.  Someone should be able to talk to you over the phone.  I can understand why they'd want to wait to see you if there's nothing for them to do medically, but they should be willling to answer your questions and make an appointment for you if they don't want to address them over the phone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was about 5 1/2 weeks when I miscarried. I called the doctors and a nurse talked me through what was normal and not normal for a miscarriage. They then scheduled me to be seen the following week. When I went in the Mid wife just talked to me about how I was feeling and when I could try again. She didn't check me, just talked with me. She had me go today, which was about 3 weeks after I miscarried to take a pregnancy test to confirm it was negative.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"