Stay at Home Moms

Poll: Do you swear in front of your kids?

A.  My kid's first word was motherfuckercuntface.

B.  Like a goddamn sailor.

C.  I'm really trying to cut back.

D.  I replaced swear words with other words.

E.  Never.

F.  You're horrible parents!  *clutches pearls*

Re: Poll: Do you swear in front of your kids?

• I'm B, but trying to C.  Still pretty sure that I'll end up with A.
  • C. I'm really trying to cut back.

I really dont want DD growing up hearing those words all the time. i know it's going to come out sometimes from dh or my mouth, but I dont want it to be a habit.

Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • F...I seriously never swear and the idea of doing it in front of DS makes me feel panicky. lol
  • I'm not a big swearer, but sometimes I say things and then, "Ooops, sorry!"
  • C.  I'm really trying to cut back.

DS knows what he's allowed to say or not.  And he loves to call us out when we cuss.  "Mom, Shit is a bad word.  You shouldn't say Shit."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in the C range... don't know if I'll ever be able to swear using "fudge" and "shoot" so I've got to work on more creative options. 

• I'm also in the C. range....but at the rate I'm going it's still about B. - so hard to quit! LOL.

Funny thing, I used to work for Head Start as an Early Head Start Home Visitor going into clients homes and then as a Head Start teacher in the classroom setting. Never swore at work - but at home is a totally different story. 

• imagevioletblue72:

I'm in the C range... don't know if I'll ever be able to swear using "fudge" and "shoot" so I've got to work on more creative options. 

I say shoot and heck.  Even gosh.  My husband still laughs at me for this!  haha

• D. I'm not much of a swearer to begin with.
  • C. I don't swear often, but when I don't think about untl after I say it. I'm trying to work on it.
  • D/E.  DH and I don't swear anyway, even before kids, so we "replaced" a long time ago, if you can call it "replacing" when we never used the actual swear words to begin with...however, we do use some "replacement" words that I ALSO wish DD wouldn't say.  For example, the other day she coughed, made a face, and then told me "I have crap in my mouth."
  • D. -  DH and I both moved into the spelling phase of cutting back totally on swear words.  It's hilarious to watch DH stop and spell out "shit" when he just dropped a pan on his toe.  bwuahahahaha  So freakin hard to quit but Emily is over 2 now and repeating EVERYTHING we say so, we have no choice!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• D. But DH is in C mode. He used to be an A or a B but he's been really working on it now that DS can talk! Still, it's hard if you stub your toe or something..or drop the laptop like I did this morning. I restrained myself from the F word at least. : )
  • I don't swear.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• C & D.  DS is smart.  You can't even say a swear word once in a 50 word sentence of nice words because that will the the ONE word he'll repeat over and over :::sigh:::

By the way, for you pearl clutching ladies, one of DS's first words was "beer". Stick out tongue

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i'm B and DH is A. He cusses way less than I do but he's trying to get Sh!t or Fu#ck to be DD's first words... lol
  • D/E  DH and I do not swear, and we have always used replacement words like crap, but I try not to use them now, however my 4 y.o. has already heard and repeated me on that one.  I also try to avoid other words like stupid, idiotic, etc...that I had been used to saying.
  • imagedrunkenwife:
    I'm B, but trying to C.  Still pretty sure that I'll end up with A.

ditto

• imagedrunkenwife:
    I'm B, but trying to C.  Still pretty sure that I'll end up with A.

Oh man, dit-to.  To the nth degree.  My BFF jokes that DD's first word is going to be shitpigasshole.

• Very rarely.... though I curse more in front of the baby than the 6 year old... I know I'll have to stop that soon!
  • somewhere between C and D........and REALLY WORKING on DH, who is definitely a B
  • C, but I'm trying to stop when I'm in front of DS.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"