June 2012 Moms
Options

She's measuring small...:(((

At my last OB, appt. my belly measurement was off by 2 weeks so they sent me for a growth scan/ultrasound.  Although she is healthy and all looks good, she is measuring 2 weeks behind in growth.  10th percentile, they said.  UGH!!  I've been a nervous wreck for almost 2 weeks.  They now have me on fetal monitoring 2x week and going back for an other growth ultrasound next Friday.  So far, the monitoring has been great.  Heartbeat, movement, fluid amount, everything!  There are no reason/risk factors of why she should be small.  My son was 7lbs. 5 oz. and I gained 27lbs with him.  I've only gained about 12 lbs so far with this one, not for lack of trying.  I'm normal weight/height and I worked out waaay more with DS than this one.  Weinerschnitzel and Baskin Robbins know me by name.  WTH? I'm now 39 (40 in July), DS was just born 2 years ago and there were no problems.  DH is 6'5" and Samoan (hello!) and all of his siblings were large.  My brother and I were both mid 7lbs. 

Anyone else had this issue?  Any experiences will help!  Thanks guys!!

Re: She's measuring small...:(((

• Options
    Try not to worry since everything is looking good.  Is their concern IUGR?  As long as her growth is consistent I would just assume some babies are born in the 90th% while others are in the 10th% just to make that perfect Bell Curve.  It sounds like you'll be monitored closely, so you're in good hands.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    They've been telling us our little guy is measuring a week behind since week 16. We've had 4 ultrasounds so far but he is developing like he should, he's just measuring small. But they told me I'm measuring right on, so don't know if that makes a difference? Anyways, they said it's nothing to worry about since he's developing like he should, but they are doing more ultrasounds just so they can keep an eye on him.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine is small too, but only around the 5th percentile, and I've been going to MFM for u/s and L&D for NSTs. But I'm small at 5'1 and my husband's birth mom is only 4'11! (A lot of my dad's side is also short.) So I'm guessing she's taking after us.

As long as your appointments are going well everything is fine. My doctor mentioned that there is nothing you can eat to make your baby bigger. It is just the way it is. So don't worry about whether you've gained enough.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My dr mentioned at my last appointment that my belly was measuring small. I have to get another u/s next Friday. I'll find out then if I'll need extra monitoring.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the reassurance.  Good to know that it's not that uncommon.  The doctors don't seem that concerned so we'll just think positively.  Good luck with you guys too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"