Two Under 2

How do you deal with fatigue?

I know I won't have two babies under two, but I have so much respect for the ladies that do. Now that I am in the last weeks of my pregnancy, most afternoons and even some entire daysI am exhausted. I know how sleep deprived I was after my son was born, and wanted to ask you ladies: what are your tipsforfighting fatigue? I swear yesterday afternoon my eyes were closing involuntarily of me! I feel like a crappy mom.
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: How do you deal with fatigue?

• Coffee!! I never drank it before in my life but I've taken to a heavy addiction after #2 and I drink a lot more coke too. Wink

For me, the fatigue went away in a way after I had my DS. Pregnancy kills me and I much prefer the sleep deprivation that newborns bring instead of what pregnancy does to me. It's gotten much better! We've hit the 6 month mark and I can say its getting easier. I still love it, but hard days still hit us too. I survived/am surviving and you will too! There's definitely a learning curve to having 2.
  • Caffeine... asking for help... not fussing over making meals (take-out/delivery is sometimes necessary!)... treasuring this time with my firstborn before his baby sister arrives helps me to keep things in perspective and not wish this time away... Tylenol for my aches and pains... not running errands unless absolutely necessary... on the weekends or my days off with Connor I force myself to sleep when he is napping despite wanting to get other things done... 

This is the home stretch we're on! We'll feel more like ourselves when we're not pregnant anymore and the adrenaline/excitement of having our new babies here will carry us through.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm scared too... I'll have 2u2 in December and the exhaustion after having my DS nearly killed me. Seriously- blacked out, heart racing, shaking, chest pain exhaustion. I'm scared to death to do that again with 2! I hope that the 2nd time around I just have it figured out a little bit more being that I have already done it once.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not worried about having an infant & toddler.  I'm only 1/3 of the way through my pregnancy & I'm more exhausted than I ever was with DD, even when I was working FT. 

Tips for fighting fatigue (when not pregnant) - Lots of coffee and a stocked wine cellar!

• Coffee and wine! Two things I have missed greatly. They do help you through the day, I have a small cup in the morning but that afternoon cup i gave up during pregnancy will also help! Thanks ladies. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Honesty I think I was more exhausted being pregnant and watching ds1 ( he was 16 mths when I delivered). Sure I'm tired now, but realize they won't be this age for long, so I want to enjoy it as much as possible. I'm still under the motto sleep when the baby sleeps. I have them both under the same nap schedule in the afternoon so it works great. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • UzoUzo member
    imageUnder.the.Rose:

Caffeine... asking for help... not fussing over making meals (take-out/delivery is sometimes necessary!)... treasuring this time with my firstborn before his baby sister arrives helps me to keep things in perspective and not wish this time away... Tylenol for my aches and pains... not running errands unless absolutely necessary... on the weekends or my days off with Connor I force myself to sleep when he is napping despite wanting to get other things done... 

This is the home stretch we're on! We'll feel more like ourselves when we're not pregnant anymore and the adrenaline/excitement of having our new babies here will carry us through.  

Amen to THIS!! Though I am no where near Home stretch yet :-(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"