Parenting after 35
Options

my angel loves to throw her food off the table what do I do?

I have twin girls just over 2 that eat like little angels, then all of a sudden, throw their bowl off the table with food flying everywhere. They think its hilarious! Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to stop them?

Re: my angel loves to throw her food off the table what do I do?

• Options
    imagefredalina:
    Try giving them less food at a time. They may be getting bored when they get full. Just give them a little and keep giving a little at a time until they're full.
    This is good advice. When DS went through this phase I would keep all but a few bites out of his reach and only give him more once he'd eaten what he had.
  • Options

imagestever:
    imagefredalina:
    Try giving them less food at a time. They may be getting bored when they get full. Just give them a little and keep giving a little at a time until they're full.
    This is good advice. When DS went through this phase I would keep all but a few bites out of his reach and only give him more once he'd eaten what he had.

And add this to both pieces of good advice; when they seem like they're about to start the food flinging, ask if they can pass their plates, now that they are finished. And say thank you. If I catch S at the right time, she will pass her plate to me without being asked. Wait too long and it will get tossed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I will give this a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"