June 2012 Moms

NST

I had my first NST today.  The baby "passed" in the first 10 minutes meaning it had enough movement and accelerations in the heart rate to satisfy the test.  They told me that the test would be 20 minutes if it passed right away but they give you 40 minutes to pass because of sleep cycles.  I was so excited when we had passed in the first 10 minutes and would only have to sit in the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE POSITION EVER for a total of 20 minutes.  They had me on a hospital cot with my legs extended and sitting up at a steep and very uncomfortable angle.  Then right at the 20 minute mark, they came in to take me off of the monitor and the baby had a deceleration. 

SO... instead of taking me off of the monitor, I had to sit for another 20 minutes so they could make sure the deceleration was ok.  Ugh, my back hurt so bad after that stupid test.  I hope they let me lay down next time.  No fun.

Good news is that baby is fine and measures totally normal.  They think it was just playing jump rope with the umbilical cord or something.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

Re: NST

• im 33weeks and havent gotten an nst matter of fact ive only had around 6 ob appointments .. is that normally? i was suppost to go this month AND last month but she said to come back a few weeks before my due date..

can i get your oppinion on what i should do?

or if thats a normal ob thang,, its my first pregnancy so im new to EVERYTHANG

• I only have to do the NST checks because I'm high risk, and my particular high risk is for late term miscarriage or IUGR.  (I have a blood clotting disorder).  It's not abnormal to have very few appointments if you are having a normal pregnancy.  Sure wish I could get by on just 6 appointments!!  That's awesome.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • oh i didnt know , i wish you best of luck with your pregnancy.

im only 17 barley about to be 18 and im scared to death of beeing a mom):

• Mine doesn't start till next week.  6 appointments, Fridays and Tuesdays.  They said eat normally.  I am trying to think of what position they will have me in.  I hope I am not laying down.  I am sitting at my desk or walking around the office usually.  

LOL at the jump rope. 

• I get my first one and a growth u/s on Wednesday.  I didn't get an NST last time until the day I went into labor.  It was my due date and I had an OB appt and when I told them I was already in labor over the phone and should I just wait to go to the hospital vs go in for my appt, they told me to come for my appt and did an NST to see how she was handling the contractions.  This time I will get them weekly going forward thanks to my GD diagnosis.  I don't mind them, though.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Sorry they had you in an uncomfortable position.  I have my first NST this Thursday because our LO is on what I call the lazy side so we want to see if he's moving more than I feel.  I'm only going once a week from here on out unless something wonky happens then I'll have to go twice a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i understand so i see youre haveing a boy? congrats mee too (:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"