June 2012 Moms
Options

XP: How to organize little one's dresser???

How to organize little one's dresser???I also posted on the nurseries and gear board. Hey ladies! Jw if anyone has tips on the most efficient way to organize the dresser. I have 6 drawers and will be putting the changing pad above it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance:)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: How to organize little one's dresser???

• Options
    I'm still playing around with mine.  This time, we only have a 3-drawer dresser then shelves in our closet.  With my other daughter, we had 2 dressers (a 3-drawer and a 5 drawer).  I used 2 drawers for blankets, one for towels and sheets, one for tops/onesies, one for bottoms/pants/skirts, one for hats/headbands, one for socks/shoes one for outfits.  I liked having a completely seperate drawer for things that came together as "outfits" because it made it much easier when my husband was trying to dress her :)
    Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012
  • Options

I think this is a really personal decision, but here's what we have....

Let's see, I have 4 drawers (2 small, 2 large) and a small area on the top for diapers/wipes.

2 small drawers - socks in one drawer, footed tights & hairbands in the other.

2 large drawers - shirts & leggings in one drawer, jeans/khakis & nightgowns in the other.

My next challenge is going to be that I have to get 2 kids in that same dresser....eek!.   I'm going to have to do a lot more closet bins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When DD1 was younger we used to sort her clothes by weather/occasion.

The first drawer had her pj's, extra hats, tights, shoes etc.

The 3 drawers below that were her clothes

The last drawer had socks and wash clothes and plain white onsies.

Now that she is older, we actually make "outfits" and I actually bought a hanging closet organizer. Every Friday I do laundry, make up an outfit, put 5 of those outfits in the cubby and that allows me to rotate through all her clothes. Any outfit that isn't in the cubby gets put in her dresser for the following week

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have so many hand me down clothes, I'm trying to figure this out too. So far, onsies in top drawer. Pjs in next drawer. Outfits by size in other drawers.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I found this blog post back in the winter and thought it was really helpful:  https://myhappycasa.blogspot.com/2011/11/small-clothes-big-organization-peek.html
  • Options

Here is what I think I have figured out so far. I have a crib/changer combo that has 3 small drawers in it, plus a larger 4 drawer dresser. So for the changer I have the top drawer with diapers and all of the diaper changing goodies (powder, oil, rash ointment...ect), down below that is white onsies, side snap shirts and basic whites and socks, then last small drawer will have receiving blankets/swaddlers.

Then for the 4 drawer dresser we will have 1 drawer for sleep sacks, pj's and gowns, 1 drawer for graphic onsies and t-shirts, bottoms, jeans, 1 drawer for warmer longer sleeved clothes, sweatshirts, and I still have one drawer open for other stuff. Plus I have bins in the closet for burp cloths, bibs and shoes, as well as 2 rods and 2 shelves for stuff to hang on hangers. All of LO's towels and washcloths will be in the bathroom linen closet with the rest of our towels so that they are easy to access if I needed an extra one while giving LO a bath (in the case of a potty accident as we are drying off).

Plus I have 2 under the bed storage bags under the crib which will have all of the crib sheets, mattress pads, bigger blankets and quilts in them.

• Options
    We have a dresser with two large drawers and two small drawers.  In one small drawer is all the burp rags; the other small drawer is socks, hats and baby legs.  The top large drawer has (from left to right) pjs, onesies, t-shirts, and then pants.  And hanging up in the closet is any nicer clothes, dresses and sweatshirts.  The bottom drawer has sleep sacks and then the rest of it is full of clothes for the next size up, then we have a bin in the closet for all clothes that are larger than the next size up.  We used the same set up for DS and it worked out well for us. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imagemorgie44:
    I found this blog post back in the winter and thought it was really helpful:  https://myhappycasa.blogspot.com/2011/11/small-clothes-big-organization-peek.html

Beautiful nursery!  But that girl has way more space (and probably $$) than I do.  I'm squishing 2 kids in a much smaller room and closet.

• Options
    imagecchill01:

imagemorgie44:

Beautiful nursery!  But that girl has way more space (and probably $$) than I do.  I'm squishing 2 kids in a much smaller room and closet.

Haha I am a FTM, but I am definitely trying to squish little one's things into a much smaller space (our little one will have that same dresser and no closet at all, since DH uses the closet in the to-be baby's room and we have no other options), but it gave me a good jumping off point on how to organize etc. 

• Options
    We only have 3 drawers. I'm putting sizes together. On the top left will be NB...top right 0-3. So on & so forth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"