April 2012 Moms
Options

NBR but I have to vent because I can't cry all day...

First, Ansley is sound well. They're concerned that she needs to grow more, but since I figured out she's gassy and started with Mylicon drops, I feel she's eating better and she'll have gained when we go in tomorrow. 

The stress comes from family. My parents came to help out when Ansley was born. They stayed until Sunday. On Saturday night, mom said they have some "news." apparently, 6 weeks ago, mom found out she has cancer. She didn't want to say anything until the baby was here. I'm a total wreck. It's Chronic Lyphomic Leukemia which is bone marrow cancer, but I guess it's the kind u want to have if u get it. There's no cure. They don't even do treatment until your white blod cell count gets to a certain level and then they do chemo to bring it back down some. This can go on for a while. I guess she feels fine and her levels are such that the dr thinks she has a few years before treatment.

Ive been holding it together. I had to when she was here because u couldn't handle her getting upset, but it's tough. She lives 4 hours away so I don't see them much. Luckily, she's cutting down her work days, so she'll probably come visit more.

Sorry about my sob fest. I just had to get that off my chest. I haven't talked to friends about it yet because I don't have the time or energy to cry. Today is my first day home alone with Ansley, so i should be plenty busy. Thanks for listening 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR but I have to vent because I can't cry all day...

• Options
    Sad Sorry for the bad news. I know how scary it is to hear a cancer diagnosis for a parent. T&P are being sent your way!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i am really sorry.

T&P are being sent your way.

• Options
    So sorry to hear that.  It's very scary indeed.  Good luck, T & P, and glad Ansley is doing well!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your news. Lots of hugs and t&ps. I hope you have a lot of quality time with her in the future
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I would be devastated to hear this type of news about a parent. T&Ps to you.
    imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All of my prayers are being sent up for you! I'm so sorry to hear this- I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope you get lots of quality time with her in the future.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Just remember that there's so much they can do for your mom. thinking of you and your family.
  • Options
    Hugs, I'm so sorry for the news on your mom. T&P's

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Options

I am really sad to hear this news but I wanted to give you some hope.  I work in a clinical cancer laboratory and we deal with CLL cases all the times.  People with CLL who are showing no symptoms do not have to be treated.  They can and do live very long productive lives and can sometimes never become symptomatic.  Even when symptoms do begin to occur, the treatments that are out there work really well.  In a staff meeting one time, my boss commented that people with CLL can live well into their 90's and never have a single problem. 

I know this is still bitter for you but just know that this isn't a death sentence for your mom.  If you ever want to ask me anything about CLL, please feel free to PM me.  Take care and try to keep your hopes up.

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear that. T's and P's being sent your way. ((hugs))

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what sad news.  Hopefully your mom can fight for a long time.  Ts and Ps to your family!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"