Food Allergy
Options

Homemade formula - Weston A Price recipe

My baby is 9.5 months old and we've been BFing without supplementing.  We have started solids and he's doing well, but his weight gain stalled between 6 and 9 months and has now just started back up.  LO has a few food allergies (dairy, wheat, egg, peanut, corn), also. 

I am now traveling more for work and my milk supply is struggling to keep up.  The pump is not the same as the baby feeding, no matter what the doctor tells me to do.  We've tried the commercial formulas (Alimentium, Nutramigen, Elecare), but they all have corn syrup solids in them.  Even if he wasn't allergic to corn, this makes me kinda uncomfortable, so I'm looking for an alternative. 

I've come across the Weston A Price homemade formula.  LO does fine with goat milk, so I was kinda wondering if anyone has tried this formula.  I'm leery...  even the goat milk formula has whey in it, so I don't know how it would work (if it would work at all) for us... I'm just looking for feedback from folks that have tried or considered it before and what your reasoning was for trying/avoiding it.

https://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/recipes-for-homemade-baby-formula

Thanks.

Boy #1, born 6/5/2011
Boy #2, born 8/27/2014

Currently... Pregnant with mo/di BOY TWINS!  Due September 15.  Latest induction will be 37w.

Re: Homemade formula - Weston A Price recipe

• Options
    I don't know anyone who uses that recipe. I've only seen a few posts on the boards from people asking about it. Personally, I would focus on increasing your supply. There are things you can do as far as power pumping and nursing more at home. Then there are natural supply boosters like eating oatmeal or taking fenugreek. Here's some info about increasing your supply from kellymom. https://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I've heard VERY good things about this recipe. We are avid Weston A Price'ers and have seen so much healing and improved health at our house as a result. I'd use it in a heartbeat over traditional formula if needed. Our new babies first food will actually be bone broth :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby's Only organic does not use corn syrup. They make a hypoallergenic one. I am now giving my toddler raw goat's milk. I found a local family that is raising their own goats. She didn't want to give her children cow's milk. Meyenberg also makes a goat milk formula.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"