June 2012 Moms

Getting me to my shower, they think I am stupid (long)

So I have known that my shower is either this weekend or next weekend since the day I told my family I was pregnant. My mother let it be known that it had to be in April because she was having hip replacement surgery the beginning of March and May was too late. Easter was last weekend too busy for a shower and the last weekend in April is my grandfather's 80th surprise party and too busy for 2 parties (I did the planning so I know it is really his). So I have been pretty sure that it would be this Saturday so that it wouldn't be 2 weeks of parties back to back. Anyway, I get an email from my aunt telling me that she had 2 extra tickets to the Bruins playoff game on Saturday at 3, her son will be playing for 3 minutes between periods. She already convinced my mother to go so she could take pictures of him playing and did I want the other ticket. Of course I would want to go to a playoff Bruins game. The problem that I have with this email is, 1. It?s the playoffs, so the odds of them giving tickets to that many kids plus parents to play for 3 minutes is highly unlikely. 2. It's the playoffs, who gives away free tickets 3. My mother HATES hockey so why would she agree to go. 4. My mother had hip surgery a month ago and still can't sit in uncomfortable seats for too long, well supposely these seats are nose bleeds which means she has to climb up to the top of the Garden which is pretty steep and then sit in a tight uncomfortable seat for 2 hours. 5. The game is at 3, they want to leave at 1 (we live 15 minutes away)?I can't drink, my mother doesn't drink so what will we do for almost 2 hours? So I am pretty sure that they are trying to get me to my shower. My problem is if I was going to the game I would wear jeans, sneakers and a bruins shirt (although my cute Bruins shirt no longer fits). But for my shower I would want to wear a cute dress I picked out and heals. So what do you ladies think I should do??? If they are going to all this trouble I don't want to ruin anything for them but I also don't want to look like a bum for my shower.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting me to my shower, they think I am stupid (long)

• Wear your "Bruins" gear , but bring a big bag that you can pack your dress and shoes in so you can change if it ends up being your shower.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• imageNSYoder26:
    Wear your "Bruins" gear , but bring a big bag that you can pack your dress and shoes in so you can change if it ends up being your shower.

This idea is totally win!  Have fun :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Ooh, that is a dilemma.  But, cute that they are trying   I agree with PP, do your hair and makeup nicely, but wear your Bruins stuff.  Pack the dress and shoes in your car.   It's really the only way to pull this off. 

You can say that you've been keeping your dress in the car for weeks - just in case.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd call the Bruins office and ask if they have kids playing at intermission and if they've given any free tickets... that way, you'll know whats going on without having to ask your mom, and can be dressed the way you want and not have to deal with changing. If you don't want to call, I'd do a little more investigating with friends and whatnot, or I'd just ask my mom... but then again, I don't like suprises :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageNSYoder26:
    Wear your "Bruins" gear , but bring a big bag that you can pack your dress and shoes in so you can change if it ends up being your shower.

This is what I would do.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd go to the shower in bruins gear. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • definatly wear the gear. too bad your not going to the game. this season is amazing. love hockey
  • Why dont you wear the cute outfit and just say you either went to lunch with a friend earlier or are planning to go out after the game to see some friends? Or maybe find a happy medium outfit that is fancy enough for shower but believable for game..GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"