Baby Names

CP: Rya Josephine vs Ryla Josephine vs Rylee Joy

We?re naming our baby girl after my husband Ryan Joseph. I?ve had my heart set on Rya (pronounced rye-ah) for a long time because it was a name we chose long before conception but now we?re considering other options. Opinions?
[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
AnniversaryImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: CP: Rya Josephine vs Ryla Josephine vs Rylee Joy

• There should be a "None of the above" option.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Rya and Ryla are both NMS but many, many, many times better than Rylee.
  • Loading the player...
  • None
    It's a boy! 05/03/12 Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageAshleyMichelle06:
    There should be a "None of the above" option.

I agree.  I love Josephine though.  I would name her after your husband with her mn.

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Just curious - why naming her only after your husband and not both of you?

I voted for Rya simply because Ryla and Rylee are to cute-sy for my taste.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another vote for NONE
  • I voted for Rya. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Go with Josephine Ryan.
  • My DD's name is Ryla and you are the first person I have ever heard of considering the name.  My vote obviously goes for Ryla.  Smile  I do however like Rya better than Rylee. 
  • I don't see how that is naming her after your DH. It is just strange, sorry.
  • Josephine Ryan? 

• I like Rya I think it's pretty sounding..

as well you could always go for Mariah.. and use riah as a nm.. .

but like i said I think Rya is pretty

• I've only seen Rya as "Raya," which I much prefer.  When it looks more like other more common names like Maya or Jaya, it looks better to me.  Raya is Hebrew.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• I could not vote because there is no none of the above option.

I like Josephine Ryan.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • I like the name Rya!  It's different.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i'm sorry...i can't stand them. riley is fine but i don't like rylee. ryla and rya are not pretty. sorry.
  • I love the sound of Rya but I would prefer it spelled as Raya - just makes more sense.

And by the way it's not an uncommon russian name - means Heaven. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHannahO28:
    Go with Josephine Ryan.

This.

I can't even imagine signing thank yous, Christmas cards, etc. "from Me, Ryan, and Rya!" It's silly. And Josephine is a way nicer name.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• I like Rylee Josephine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I love that your choices have meaning! I voted for Ryla--it's beautiful. I like Rya, too.

• I couldn't vote.  I think you should just go with Josephine.
  • imageHannahO28:
    Go with Josephine Ryan.

I vote this!

• I actually know a Rya, but her named is spelled Riah. We tease her because it is "hair" backwards, and she ended up being a hair stylist.

Honestly, I like it and I like your spelling better. However, I did name my son Ryne Joseph, and most the ladies on here are not fans. I love, love, love Josephine and had it on my girls list.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't know, I think there's something weird about a father naming a daughter after himself (esp. first AND middle names). I'm not a fan of naming sons "junior" either, but at least there's a huge historical precedent for that. Feminizing your own name for your daughter seems so forced, like you're going out of your way to be narcissistic. I know someone named Michael who named his daughter Michaela, and everyone thought it was super weird. 

Using Josephine would be a much more subtle way to go about this, and it's (IMO) a much nicer name (love Josie as a NN).  I also like PP suggestion of Raya. Of the ones you originally listed, I really dislike Rylee-- the others are NMS but not horrible.   

• FinkFink member
    imagejbrichman:

I love that your choices have meaning! I voted for Ryla--it's beautiful. I like Rya, too.

This!  

• imagealliejo725:

imageHannahO28:
    Go with Josephine Ryan.

This.

I can't even imagine signing thank yous, Christmas cards, etc. "from Me, Ryan, and Rya!" It's silly. And Josephine is a way nicer name.

I agree with this. Also, what if you have a son- will he be named after you?

I like the little switch up of names too. And we always get compliments on our Josie's name.

ETA: I like Raya or Ryla best. Riley and Josephine do not go together at all. It's totally different style.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"