June 2012 Moms

Hostess gift for MIL?

So my MIL is throwing me a shower in two weeks, and I've been struggling for weeks now about what to get her as a hostess gift. Does anyone have any good or creative ideas?

This will be her first grandchild, and she is beyond excited :-) I'd like to get her something "grandma-related" instead of what I might normally get a hostess (facial giftcard or something). Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hostess gift for MIL?

• A brag book/photo album.  Picture Frame with the promise of newborn photos (if you're going to do that).  Some sort of Grandma jewelry i.e. necklace with baby's name or bracelet with birthstone charm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is news to me.  My mom threw my bridal shower and she is throwing me my baby shower, and I didn't get her a gift.  Didn't know I was supposed to.  But...

how about a really nice frame with a ultrasound pic in it?  She can take out the u's and put in a baby pic when the time comes.  Or a "Grandma remembers" book- I got one for my mom and she has to fill it out with her memories and stuff.  Look them up on Amazon!

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know if your mil will be sitting for your child ever but maybe a tote/diaper bag.

My mil and mom are hosting my shower and they already have diaper bags so I got them willow tree thank you dolls and spa gift cards.

But I do love the idea of the grandma record book also:) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh wow, I love the idea of Grandma jewelry. How special. That gets my vote. I also like the idea of a frame for newborn pictures.

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • My mom isn't hosting my Shower (friend is) but I am still getting my mom a corsage of blue carnations to wear to the Shower. I want her to feel special too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • These are some great ideas! I haven't ever heard of a grandma memory book. Maybe I'll do that along with a frame.

I wanted to get her jewelry but given that I don't really know what month our baby will be born, I didn't want to go that direction.

• I am having two showers (due to living away from my family), one thrown by Mom, one thrown by MIL.

My MIL loves rocking horses, and my theme for the shower will be rocking horses...so trying to find a bracelet with rocking horses on it.

For my mom, I'm going to get her a pandora charm (either an elephant or giraffe, since that's the theme of the shower she will be throwing for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"