2»

Re: FFFC!

• imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:
    I plan on getting spray tanned before my delivery. 

Why?!  The one spray tan I got (to try it out before my wedding) I wreaked of chemicals for three days straight.  The though of my LO trying to bond with me skin-to-skin and only smelling those chemicals makes me want to hurl.  I couldn't even stand the smell.

My FFC- we had layoffs in our dept yesterday due to outsourcing and while I am relieved I am safe and have a job, a part of me is a little jealous of a couple of my coworkers who are laid off (and happy about it) with a sweet severence package and unemployment and get to be SAHMs once their benefits run out.  I dread coming back to work after maternity leave right when our outsourcing functions go live.

Because I feel better and look better when I have a little tan going on.  And the salon I go to will use chemical/odor free all natural spray on me since I'm pregnant. I think it's called SunFX.  No risk to me or my baby:)

You're gonna need more than just a fake tan to feel/look better after giving birth lol...and I don't mean this in a mean way. But no matter how good you look up top, your vag is gonna be a nice hot mess and you won't be feeling all Beyonce up in the hospital simply because you have a tan!

LOL!!!  Touch?! 

Stick out tongue

I agree she probably won't want to do the single ladies dance but maybe she will like the way she looks in the pictures after which will make her feel good. and no matter how much of a hot mess her vagina is, I'm thinking there won't be after pictures taken of it... unless your into that sort of thing Confused

Baby, I’ll say “remember your mama is a worrier but your papa is a warrior & you are the child with small hands & big eyes who never stops asking for more.”~ Sarah Kay
  • DH and I went to an infant care class at my hospital and they showed pictures of the surgery board that they strap the newborn baby boy to for the circumcision, then showed us detailed pictures of how they do it.  I have told DH from the start if we have a boy that he can make the choice but I wanted him to at least look into it so that he could make an informed decision.  After that class I'm praying we have a girl, I can't imagine putting my brand new baby boy through that.  I've been cringing all week thinking about it.

I've only looked into natural childbirth so that I have a few techniques to get me through the first few hours up to the earliest point that I can get an epidural.

I've checked my registry to see what my friends have already purchased, and I feel guilty about "peeking."

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been checking my registry every single day to see what's been purchased- sometimes I check more than once...
  • imagebeck8008:
    I've been checking my registry every single day to see what's been purchased- sometimes I check more than once...

LOL, I did this all the time when I got married. 

So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepeacenluv2ya:
    imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

Why?!  The one spray tan I got (to try it out before my wedding) I wreaked of chemicals for three days straight.  The though of my LO trying to bond with me skin-to-skin and only smelling those chemicals makes me want to hurl.  I couldn't even stand the smell.

My FFC- we had layoffs in our dept yesterday due to outsourcing and while I am relieved I am safe and have a job, a part of me is a little jealous of a couple of my coworkers who are laid off (and happy about it) with a sweet severence package and unemployment and get to be SAHMs once their benefits run out.  I dread coming back to work after maternity leave right when our outsourcing functions go live.

Because I feel better and look better when I have a little tan going on.  And the salon I go to will use chemical/odor free all natural spray on me since I'm pregnant. I think it's called SunFX.  No risk to me or my baby:)

You're gonna need more than just a fake tan to feel/look better after giving birth lol...and I don't mean this in a mean way. But no matter how good you look up top, your vag is gonna be a nice hot mess and you won't be feeling all Beyonce up in the hospital simply because you have a tan!

LOL!!!  Touch?! 

Stick out tongue

I agree she probably won't want to do the single ladies dance but maybe she will like the way she looks in the pictures after which will make her feel good. and no matter how much of a hot mess her vagina is, I'm thinking there won't be after pictures taken of it... unless your into that sort of thing Confused

Definitely NOT!  lol! 

So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekate212:
    imageMycrimsonheart:

If this is flame free what's up with the flaming? Just wondering...I never usually participate so maybe I don't understand the full concept.

Flame Free Friday Confessions is never truly flame free :)

True story. 

I wasn't flaming her, though, just flat out curious as my only experience with spray tanning wasn't one I care to repeat not pregnant, let alone just before giving birth.  A tan just isn't that important to me.  I will, however, be keeping my pedicure up to date (more for the leg massages & b/c I plan on wearing flip flops my entire 9th month and can't reach my toes already) between now and delivery.

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

LOL!!!  Touch?! 

Stick out tongue

LOL. Unless you're Selfie of course.  She felt all Beyonce after her birth.

imageimage
  • I know this is odd, but I truly miss being able to see my vagina!

• imageebettley:

I know this is odd, but I truly miss being able to see my vagina!

I agree.  Especially for shaving purposes.  I go in blind these days and with all the swelling down there it's a miracle I haven't drawn blood yet.  Speaking of which:

every time I wipe now it feels awkward and a little painful in my vagina like there is something extra going down there.  I attempted to take a peak this morning to see what the h is going on down there and one whole side is completely swollen.  Of course DD walked in on me in the middle of the exam in our master bath and thankfully instead of questioning me, told me "NO, no, no" and pushed my foot off where I had propped it on the counter to try and even see anything down there.

imageimage
  • When someone uses terrible grammar and spelling, especially when they post about something I side-eye anyway (like hosting your own shower), I judge them in a major way.

Also, why are people so damn greedy?  Hosting your own shower, having 2 showers for 2 kids in 2 years, having a shower with 140 people (!), expecting a push present.....why does it all seem to be about the stuff other people give you? 

• imagemylittlesunshine:
    imageKCheam2006:

The main reason (about 80%) I am planning on BF'ing is because I'm hoping it will help me with weight loss after LO comes. Yes, I know this is selfish Embarrassed

I don't think that is selfish at all. While I am not BF just for that reason alone, I consider it a huge perk. Also I am excited about BF'ing again because it is something only I can do...and I know it irritates MIL b/c with DD1 she was itching to give her a bottle and try and take over my mom duties...sorry ain't gonna happen.

Heh!  Yeah, I'm secretly enjoying the fact that MIL will have to be hands off with feedings the first few weeks, and I'll have an easy excuse to take the baby and escape when they visit after the baby is born.  :) 

• DS1 is driving me up the wall. My MIL was suppose to watch him a few hours ago so I could work. But she asked if I minded if she took a rare opportunity to have lunch with her BFF. She's always super helpful, so I said I didn't mind. I'm really regretting that now. Not even the TV is taming him, it's cold outside, and I do not have the energy to entertain him myself... He's in time-out for being so crazy and I don't really want to let him be done.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The large clearance choc easter bunny didnt survive more than an hour after coming home. Embarrassed
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMycrimsonheart:

II just can't seem to come to any conclusion around circumcision. I told DH it's up to him to research and make a decision. He says we should do it (after little research was done). We probably will do it only because I feel like I can't put anymore thought into the pro's and con's not because I came to any solid conclusion.

We are having a girl... however I know we will circumcise... if we ever have a boy... I was with a guy who was not and he got made fun of all the time in the locker room and what not... PLUS SEX REALLY REALLY hurt for him... To the point he was thinking about getting Adult circumsision...  just some thoughts... 

I also know it Saturday... but...

I really want to be reemitted to the hospital this week... just to go on a bit of bed rest... I'm working in a daycare room by myself all week... and I just don't want too... I like having a co-teacher... 5, 1 and half year olds are not as fun as they sound...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"