June 2012 Moms

FFFC!

Morning Ladies!

Let's get the ball rollin' on this one! I've got a big project due at work today and will need a few juicy FFFCs for my 'happy breaks'. 

pregnancy pregnancy

Re: FFFC!

• I've had a very stressful last 6 months. My confession......I haven't done diddly squat for this baby. Bought a couple new onesies and that's it. It's probably because I already have every darn thing I could possibly need and she will be sharing a room with H and I instead of having her own room so there hasn't been a nursery started. We just settled on her name yesterday and that's the furthest we've come. And I bought my friend's carseat which was only used 6 months. So yeah.....that's been the full extent of my preparations for this baby.

• I don't plan on DH spending the night in the hospital.  He snores terribly, and I am actually looking forward to a few nights of not listening to him snore.  I also plan on having the baby in the nursery at least the first night.  I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to get a few hours of sleep right after giving birth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan on getting spray tanned before my delivery. 
    So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelmj8284:
    I plan on getting spray tanned before my delivery. 

This is awesome.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Sometimes at night when I get home from work I let DD watch tv basically from the time we get home until bed time. We take breaks every now and then and play, but usually it helps me get things done around the house if I need to. My DH works two jobs so he isn't home until after she goes to bed, so a lot of the housework falls on me.

ETA: we only do this if it is raining, windy or cold. Usually when it is really nice out we are outside except when we are eating dinner.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • TV is our friend today. We haven't watched any all week and my vag hurts, so we're hanging in the playroom, watching movies all day. 
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • I'm a bitter whale these days. 

We saw my brother and his girlfriend (on and off for the past 10 years) over Easter and nearly ever comment out of her mouth was how fat our dog is (he is chubby).  She also made comments about my workout routine 2 months after DD2 was born.  She's petite and maybe self conscious about keeping slim but I've about had it with her fat comments around me.  Not to mention how she and my brother will be giving my parents a grandson since apparently DH and I can't.  I want to ask how that's working out for her considering she's neither married nor pregnant.

Secondly, my "everything revolves around me" cousin is pregnant and due in October.  I only found out from her sister 2 weeks ago and have had to read about it everyday on Facebook already - complaints that her mom is "leaving her pregnant daughter behind" when they go to Palm Springs this week, which has zero to do with her being pregnant.  And the belly shots have started already.  At 12 weeks.  And probably 75+lbs overweight so the belly is really just belly and not baby at all and it's taking every bone of strenght I have to bite my tongue and not comment that her "belly" is just bloat.

On the plus side, my belly photos are this weekend with DH and the kidlets.  I'm looking forward to some fun family pics as well.....and maybe a little boasting on facebook to knock a certain someone down a peg or two.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've never participated in this, but I finally have one =)

The main reason (about 80%) I am planning on BF'ing is because I'm hoping it will help me with weight loss after LO comes. Yes, I know this is selfish Embarrassed

• I'm so tired today that I may fake sick and go home after lunch so I can take a nap.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel like a sexual zombie. I loathe the idea of sex and anything to do with it. The last two times I tried it was the most awful experience. I hardly feel like a woman anymore, let alone a good wife. That being said, DH gets what he gets...and that is very infrequent...and I really don't feel bad about it. Pregnancy isn't easy and the hatred of sex wasn't something I was expecting so I really don't feel bad he is deprived when I feel so terrible about hating it for myself. Sorry about your luck DH!

Also, he has been so great and hasn't said or done anything, its just something that i am struggling with. 

• 1) Every single pregnancy photo shoot I've ever seen looks either over-the-top cheesy or downright creepy. I won't be getting this done.

2) I think that there are too many women who are planning to have natural childbirth who have holier/stronger/better-than-thou attitudes. I used to want to go natural, until I saw the internet absolutely plastered with the crazy attitudes of these women. Now I'm getting an epidural - I don't want to be associated with these b!tc#es.

3) My lady parts are puffy. As in like fat. And I can't see to shave it either, so there's no way in heck I'm having sex until August.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKCheam2006:

The main reason (about 80%) I am planning on BF'ing is because I'm hoping it will help me with weight loss after LO comes. Yes, I know this is selfish Embarrassed

I don't think that is selfish at all. While I am not BF just for that reason alone, I consider it a huge perk. Also I am excited about BF'ing again because it is something only I can do...and I know it irritates MIL b/c with DD1 she was itching to give her a bottle and try and take over my mom duties...sorry ain't gonna happen.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKCheam2006:

I've never participated in this, but I finally have one =)

Same.. and yes, this is my plan too. What will happen, you ask, if LO can't tolerate breast milk? Well, I will continue to pump until I reach my desired weight, and donate it to a milk bank! lol Horrible, I realize, but it's so much better than using a treadmill...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagechouli77:

2) I think that there are too many women who are planning to have natural childbirth who have holier/stronger/better-than-thou attitudes. I used to want to go natural, until I saw the internet absolutely plastered with the crazy attitudes of these women. Now I'm getting an epidural - I don't want to be associated with these b!tc#es.

HA! This is great!

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageHuskerBabyB:
    imagechouli77:

HA! This is great!

Yes 

Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • imageDavesgrl2011:

I don't plan on DH spending the night in the hospital.  He snores terribly, and I am actually looking forward to a few nights of not listening to him snore.  I also plan on having the baby in the nursery at least the first night.  I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to get a few hours of sleep right after giving birth.

I did both these things and I highly recommend it to all my friends.  My DH went home because we have pets he got a great nights sleep and my first night home because he was so well rested he went only baby duty and just brought her to me for feeding.  It was wonderful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagechouli77:

1) Every single pregnancy photo shoot I've ever seen looks either over-the-top cheesy or downright creepy. I won't be getting this done.

3) My lady parts are puffy. As in like fat. And I can't see to shave it either, so there's no way in heck I'm having sex until August.

Agree with all of this. Plus, I HATE the term "outside babies". It makes me cringe.

Baby Boy - Born June 8, 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagechouli77:

Wow..choosing to take drugs to get through your birth because you don't want to be associated with the STEREOTYPE of women that give birth naturally? that sure sounds like a good reason to have a medicated birth. *MAJOR eye-roll* 

Personally- I want to try a natural child birth but its not because I'm stronger that other women or have a holier-than-thou attitude. I want to do it because its what I feel is best for the baby and what will give me the best over all birthing experience. 

You really should think about whats best for YOU and your baby, regardless of everyone else, and do that. If that means a medicated birth, then by all means do it! Not judging at all. but I AM judging that you're moving forward with an dpi just because you want to avoid a stereotype. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ?xp from fb

1. Our hospital has a policy that grandparents and siblings can visit maternity 24x7. Whenever any of the grandparents ask I tell them 12-8 (regular visiting hours) because I do not want these people showing up whenever they feel like it.

2. I am doing hypnobabies. It is a five week course and I still have not been able to get into it. The reason? For me it is not remotely relaxing, it is boring. Every time I listen to one of the cd's I want to jab in the side of my head after about five minutes of "peaceful thoughts".

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • imageamber323:

imagelmj8284:

This is awesome.  

Agreed!  I plan to get a pedicure and shave really well.  I never thought about a spray tan.  I wonder if that would be bad to have your skin died before a c-section - or if the iodine would clean that all up.

• imageGracieBlue:

?

1. Our hospital has a policy that grandparents and siblings can visit maternity 24x7. Whenever any of the grandparents ask I tell them 12-8 (regular visiting hours) because I do not want these people showing up whenever they feel like it.

That policy is insane, and I don't blame you one bit for lying about the visiting hours.  Everyone at my hospital has the same visiting hours and aside from DD and DH, there is a limit of 2 visitors per mother at any one time.  There is a guard out front that strictly enforces those rules.

• imageamber323:

imagelmj8284:

This is awesome.  

Yes  I was trying to figure out how to time one so that I could get it before delivery too.  Last time I took a shower, dryed, and straightened my hair before heading to the hospital.  Since I had an epidural and was able to just sleep most of the night, my hair looked awesome after delivery.  Everyone commented on it in my first pictrues with my DS.  To this day I think it's one of my best hair days.  I didn't plan on it for my looks, just didn't know when I would get to have a good shower and do my hair again so I wanted to at the last minute.  Nothing wrong with wanting to look good to meet your baby.  ha

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagelmwunderlich:
    imageHuskerBabyB:
    imagechouli77:

HA! This is great!

Yes 

So you make decisions based on what other people may think of you?  Good to know.  I make decisions based on what works for for me and what I feel is best for myself and LO.  I don't care that there are loonies that may give things a bad rap (in either direction). Other people have zero bearing on my choices and I do not care one bit what other people choose.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelmj8284:

Why?!  The one spray tan I got (to try it out before my wedding) I wreaked of chemicals for three days straight.  The though of my LO trying to bond with me skin-to-skin and only smelling those chemicals makes me want to hurl.  I couldn't even stand the smell.

My FFC- we had layoffs in our dept yesterday due to outsourcing and while I am relieved I am safe and have a job, a part of me is a little jealous of a couple of my coworkers who are laid off (and happy about it) with a sweet severence package and unemployment and get to be SAHMs once their benefits run out.  I dread coming back to work after maternity leave right when our outsourcing functions go live.

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imageseansgirl2006:
    imageamber323:

imagelmj8284:

This is awesome.  

Yes  I was trying to figure out how to time one so that I could get it before delivery too.  Last time I took a shower, dryed, and straightened my hair before heading to the hospital.  Since I had an epidural and was able to just sleep most of the night, my hair looked awesome after delivery.  Everyone commented on it in my first pictrues with my DS.  To this day I think it's one of my best hair days.  I didn't plan on it for my looks, just didn't know when I would get to have a good shower and do my hair again so I wanted to at the last minute.  Nothing wrong with wanting to look good to meet your baby.  ha

Amen to that!  Plus all those pictures....I definitely don't want to be looking all tore up!  I think I'll just plan on getting sprayed once a week the last few weeks...and doing the neutrogena spray mist at home in between:)

So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

Why?!  The one spray tan I got (to try it out before my wedding) I wreaked of chemicals for three days straight.  The though of my LO trying to bond with me skin-to-skin and only smelling those chemicals makes me want to hurl.  I couldn't even stand the smell.

My FFC- we had layoffs in our dept yesterday due to outsourcing and while I am relieved I am safe and have a job, a part of me is a little jealous of a couple of my coworkers who are laid off (and happy about it) with a sweet severence package and unemployment and get to be SAHMs once their benefits run out.  I dread coming back to work after maternity leave right when our outsourcing functions go live.

Because I feel better and look better when I have a little tan going on.  And the salon I go to will use chemical/odor free all natural spray on me since I'm pregnant. I think it's called SunFX.  No risk to me or my baby:)

• imageAliciaS1411:
    imagechouli77:

Wow..choosing to take drugs to get through your birth because you don't want to be associated with the STEREOTYPE of women that give birth naturally? that sure sounds like a good reason to have a medicated birth. *MAJOR eye-roll* 

Personally- I want to try a natural child birth but its not because I'm stronger that other women or have a holier-than-thou attitude. I want to do it because its what I feel is best for the baby and what will give me the best over all birthing experience. 

You really should think about whats best for YOU and your baby, regardless of everyone else, and do that. If that means a medicated birth, then by all means do it! Not judging at all. but I AM judging that you're moving forward with an dpi just because you want to avoid a stereotype. 

I'm with alicia on this one.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

Because I feel better and look better when I have a little tan going on.  And the salon I go to will use chemical/odor free all natural spray on me since I'm pregnant. I think it's called SunFX.  No risk to me or my baby:)

You're gonna need more than just a fake tan to feel/look better after giving birth lol...and I don't mean this in a mean way. But no matter how good you look up top, your vag is gonna be a nice hot mess and you won't be feeling all Beyonce up in the hospital simply because you have a tan!

• imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

You're gonna need more than just a fake tan to feel/look better after giving birth lol...and I don't mean this in a mean way. But no matter how good you look up top, your vag is gonna be a nice hot mess and you won't be feeling all Beyonce up in the hospital simply because you have a tan!

Holy shiit, I just choked on my Cheeto!

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageHuskerBabyB:
    imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

Holy shiit, I just choked on my Cheeto!

lmao!  I don't care what y'all say... I always feel better with a tan.  ;)  I have only gotten two spray tans while pregnant (would get more if I could afford to and only do if I have an event) and the girl I go to uses only organic/natural ingredients.  There is never any kind of chemical smell. yuck 

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

LOL!!!  Touch?! 

• If this is flame free what's up with the flaming? Just wondering...I never usually participate so maybe I don't understand the full concept.

Not judging about the girls getting spray tanned but I would be worried about getting my huge belly tanned then it deflating after baby. I'm already going to be self conscious about my belly pp and can't imagine that getting a tan before hand will make it look better pp. Just something I thought when I read it.

I had a good two weeks where I wasn't taking my prenatals. Now I remember every other day.

I'm planning be a natural birther (no holier-than-tho here). I've been researching for my birth plan, looking into vaccines, and other decisions that will need to be made around LO. I just can't seem to come to any conclusion around circumcision. I told DH it's up to him to research and make a decision. He says we should do it (after little research was done). We probably will do it only because I feel like I can't put anymore thought into the pro's and con's not because I came to any solid conclusion.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagelmj8284:
    imagelmwunderlich:
    imagelmj8284:
    imageSugarhillHnA:

imagelmj8284:

LOL!!!  Touch?! 

Stick out tongue

• imageMycrimsonheart:

If this is flame free what's up with the flaming? Just wondering...I never usually participate so maybe I don't understand the full concept.

Flame Free Friday Confessions is never truly flame free :)

• imageMycrimsonheart:

If this is flame free what's up with the flaming? Just wondering...I never usually participate so maybe I don't understand the full concept.

Not judging about the girls getting spray tanned but I would be worried about getting my huge belly tanned then it deflating after baby. I'm already going to be self conscious about my belly pp and can't imagine that getting a tan before hand will make it look better pp. Just something I thought when I read it.

I had a good two weeks where I wasn't taking my prenatals. Now I remember every other day.

I'm planning be a natural birther (no holier-than-tho here). I've been researching for my birth plan, looking into vaccines, and other decisions that will need to be made around LO. I just can't seem to come to any conclusion around circumcision. I told DH it's up to him to research and make a decision. He says we should do it (after little research was done). We probably will do it only because I feel like I can't put anymore thought into the pro's and con's not because I came to any solid conclusion.

I'm so glad I'm having a girl. I was dreading having to make that decision between whats socially accepted and whats medically necessary...

• imageAliciaS1411:
    imagechouli77:

agreed! 

• imagesnicksnack:
    imageDavesgrl2011:

I don't plan on DH spending the night in the hospital.  He snores terribly, and I am actually looking forward to a few nights of not listening to him snore.  I also plan on having the baby in the nursery at least the first night.  I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to get a few hours of sleep right after giving birth.

I did both these things and I highly recommend it to all my friends.  My DH went home because we have pets he got a great nights sleep and my first night home because he was so well rested he went only baby duty and just brought her to me for feeding.  It was wonderful.

These both sound like FANTASTIC ideas!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekate212:
    imageMycrimsonheart:

Flame Free Friday Confessions is never truly flame free :)

lol good to know!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is keeping me going today:)

My FFC- I have never had a spray tan in my life.  Ross ruined it for me.

-Although my first labor went so quickly that I could not have had an epi had I wanted one, I am still proud that I did it without drugs.  If that makes me a sterotypical crazy lady, then so be it.  I love the fact that I know now that I can do it and will do it again.

- My patience is dwindling.   I am not fit for human company at the moment.  I should be locked in a closet with my Kindle, a pillow and blanket.   

• My confession is so tame compared to everyone else's and btw, thanks for keeping my head afloat at work today!!!  Anyway- I have not been drinking nearly enough water as I should. I'm sick of running to the bathroom everytime I look at a glass of water and I loathe just the thought of it anymore. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"