TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Very ugly, long update :(

So my plan was to start taking provera today. My 20th day in my Long Term Assignment will be April 20th, at which I will be able to sign up for the school districts health insurance, which is EXCELLENT for IF! I figured 10 days on provera would take me to April 20th, and that'll give me a few days as a buffer between the insurance and AF.

A couple days ago FF gave me CHs... and with the cramping and breaking out I had, I had to agree with it but still wasn't sure if I had O'd or not. I still planned on taking provera today, and if I did O, it would just make it an extra long LP {hopefully}.  

However... I just started spotting today. I'm not shocked at all. I had a feeling it was a very weak O, especially with what CD it came on. And so my thoughts were correct, my LP would not be the same. Since I already started spotting, my doctor said provera will not stop AF from showing. So it looks like no provera for me and no medicated cycle. 

I've been in contact with my doctors office as well as my insurance company. I'd have to pay full price for femara as well as an HSG and SA. My IUI will probably come to the time where I have the good insurance, but we just can't afford the femara, HSG and SA all OOP right now. 

I will get more bloodwork done this cycle, since my last bloodwork was about a year ago.  That is at least covered under my current insurance. But that's about all I'm going to have done this next cycle. 

I guess the good news is that my doctor said I can take the provera I have at CD 30 if I don't have a +OPK by then.  But she doesn't want me taking it any earlier than CD 30. She normally never goes that low, but she said for me, to try to fit it in, she would allow it. 

But.... if I don't ovulate on my own, that'll take me to the end of May for my next AF. I have no idea when this teacher is going to come back. She might come back at the end of May, it might be early June... or not until mid-June!  I might not have time to do the medicated cycle!

Part of me wants to throw in the towel!  This is what I flucking get for trying to steer things in my direction. Right now i'm thinking I should just say screw it to the districts health insurance, use that money to go to acupuncture and go back on weight watchers. It's happened on it's own in the past, maybe I just need to wait for it to hopefully happen on it's own again. 

I don't know.

Kudos to you if you got through this.  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

Re: Very ugly, long update :(

• Options

:(  Oh man, I'm sorry hon.  That royally sucks.  I really hope either the other teacher decides to stay out longer, or that it works out in another way.  

((hugs)) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Boo, boo, boo. That sucks. I'm so sorry Steph. I wish our bodies would be more cooperative. ((((GIANT HUGS)))) 
    Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    (((Hugs))) I'm so sorry that the universe sees fit to fluck with you. I truly hope whatever path you choose it works out for you.
  • Options
    (((HUGS)))  I was really hoping that this would all go in your favor.  I'm sorry you're going through this!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry hon.  I hope things still work out, somehow!

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options

::Shakes fist at universe::

Make it easy on my Cashew for once darn it!

I hope that things work out and you can get it all fit in the way you want to. I'm sorry it's being so stressful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh cashews, I'm so sorry. Sending you giant ((hugs)) and hoping the teacher doesn't come back before you can get a medicated cycle in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is just the pits.  Don't throw in the towel.  You want this too much, and you'll get it.  Big hugs as you get past this totally unfair and frustrating process.
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am so sorry! This TTC BS sucks!  I hope this is the last "set back" you have to go through before moving on.  Big *hugs*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm just tired... and I think Aurora's 2nd birthday coming up is really starting to get to me. 

• Options

imageshanrob:
    That is just the pits.  Don't throw in the towel.  You want this too much, and you'll get it.  Big hugs as you get past this totally unfair and frustrating process.

Agreed. I'm so sorry cashews. I've been chart stalking you in hopes that the cross hairs would disappear. Could you still go forward with the sa (will ins cover this?) as well as fill the med prescriptions after April 20?  Then if you still have ins at the very beginning of your next cycle you can do the u/s and b/w and maybe only be OOP for the IUI procedure itself?   I hope it doesn't come to that but just an idea.  I'm so sorry this has to be so freaking complicated!!!

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    imagelavril:

imageshanrob:

Agreed. I'm so sorry cashews. I've been chart stalking you in hopes that the cross hairs would disappear. Could you still go forward with the sa (will ins cover this?) as well as fill the med prescriptions after April 20?  Then if you still have ins at the very beginning of your next cycle you can do the u/s and b/w and maybe only be OOP for the IUI procedure itself?   I hope it doesn't come to that but just an idea.  I'm so sorry this has to be so freaking complicated!!!

My current insurance covers nothing on IF. SA, HSG, IUI, any drugs. We figured the IUI is $700 alone. The drugs another $300... plus the cost of the ultrasounds. That's not including the SA and HSG. The bloodwork they said they could word differently, but not the others. I'm not sure how much the SA and HSG would cost. 

The insurance I would get on the 20th covers everything. Even IVF meds if we went that route. But I only have it while i'm working under this contract, which sucks. No matter what we do, it'll cost us hundreds that we just don't have on hand for this. Sad 

Especially if i'm not sure I can get a job this summer.  

• Options
    How frustrating. I hope your contract gets extended long enough to make a new cycle work on the insurance. ((hugs))
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options

Honestly, IMO, I say fight like he!! to get as much done as you can while you have decent coverage. What if something comes up and the other teacher doesn't come back till later? then you would have missed a great opportunity.

I say fight like hel! until I can come to Binghampton to take her knees out or something! Because I will! Wink

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options
    this just sucks. ((hugs))

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks! I hate it when our bodies don't cooperate! I hope things work out for you. ((Hugs))
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Wow, the universe it takes a licking and keeps on kicking. Flucking B!tch.

The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options

**Sig warning**

Oh how frustrating. ((big hugs)) Cashew 

Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • Options

*badge warning*

I'm sorry, Cashews. I know you were trying so hard to make things fit. ((hugs)) I wish the financial part wasn't such an obstacle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

****siggy warning****

I am so sorry that things are not working out. That is all kinds of unfair. I really really hope that you get the longer contract and can do the medicated cycle with the great insurance. ((hugs))

BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I hate to read all of this. You are way past due for things to go your way. (((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"