June 2012 Moms
Options

Coming home outfit

I'm really struggling with this.. I keep thinking it has to be some awesome outfit, but can it just be a little onsie outfit? And should I get one for a boy and one for a girl or just use a gender neutral onsie I get from the shower?

Re: Coming home outfit

• Options
    I may be giving up as well.  I can't find anything super special, gender neutral, that I love.  All my favorite baby stores are really letting me down.  And I'm not spending $50 on something that I don't love.  I may just pick up a Carter's romper and be done with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got 2 onsies, girl and boy. Nothing too special, just something cute to take pictures in.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBR:

That is adorable!

Im waiting til after my shower to make a decision....I'll probably just end up bringing a few options to the hospital. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageBR:

Oh that's too cute.  I have a pink onesie that says mommy's diva on it.  It also comes with little shorts. 

• Options
    We got a Chicago Cubs romper to take him home in because we're both huge Cubs fans, and we're naming him Ryne after the hall of famer Ryne Sandberg. But it only comes in 3 month, so in case it's too big for him, we're just going to find a cute little outfit in newborn size.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We will be bringing Levi home in a striped ha, seahawks booties and the little blue knit hat my mom made for him when she found out i was pregnant. 

maybe wait and see what you get at your shower. something might turn out to be really special. 
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I bought that same strawberry butt pajamas for the coming home outfit (in newborn size)!  I'm planning to pack 3 pajamas with the closed feet and the fold over sleeves instead of mittens.  I have one in preemie, newborn, and 0-3, so that it'll fit regardless of the baby's size.  The preemie outfit is a hand me down, and a boys, though.  Since I didn't want to waste $$ on something likely never worn.
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When the time comes, I don't think we will be that concerned about what he/she is wearing!  We will just be ready to get home! 
    loren
  • Options
    We'll be bringing him home in a Little Brother onesie to match DS's Big Brother t-shirt :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I am not getting anything super "special". I honestly didn't even think much about it until I joined the bumo adn everyone was talking about it. This is just the outfit you are going to leave the hospoital and drive home in, don't think it needs to be over the top, but to each her own. We have received a lof of hand me downs from friends and I was just going to pick something out of that, that I thought was really cute. But wound up being in Target for something else and got a long sleeve striped onsie with feetsies (so I don't need to bring socks) - it's cute and to quell my guilt, now at least it is new and something DH and I picked out ourselves, but by no means nothing fantsy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it has to be some awesome outfit, something simple that you like is fine.  I am not even picking something out this time, just bringing my diaper bag with a bunch of outfits for our time in the hospital and then I will decide.  Last time I picked something out and then by the time we finally got to leave (discharge took forever) didn't feel like changing him and getting him upset (he didn't like to get undressed and cold) so I just brought him home in what he was wearing.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Where I am from, down south, the coming home outfit is a pretty special article of clothing. Most baby girls come home in something smocked as do most boys. I think a onesie or romper is perfectly fine. We chose to put DD in an smocked dress for her outift. I think it is to each his/her own. Your baby will be precious no matter what he/she wears!!

• Options
    I am waiting to see what outfits I get for my baby shower. It is hard to choose an outfit, and I have no idea what sizes to bring.....I think my little  love is going to be on the bigger side =)
  • Options
    I am thinking I'll just bring my son home in a grocery sack... I just can't decide if I want to use a paper or canvas bag, but plastic is definitely out! Wink
  • Options
    imageMWM0903:

Where I am from, down south, the coming home outfit is a pretty special article of clothing. Most baby girls come home in something smocked as do most boys. I think a onesie or romper is perfectly fine. We chose to put DD in an smocked dress for her outift. I think it is to each his/her own. Your baby will be precious no matter what he/she wears!!

That dress is absolutely beautiful!  Sometimes I wish I wasn't team green, so I could pick a really cute outfit.

I'm not from the south, but I always thought the "coming home outfit" was something special.  DD came home in a white quilted snowsuit with matching hat.   It was adorable - though she looked a little like a starfish.

• Options

We live about 8 minutes from the hospital.  We are putting the baby in a onesie with pants and a little cotton sweater and a matching hat, depending on the weather.  She will have her blanket that I am almost done knitting, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

imagejune0000:
    I am waiting to see what outfits I get for my baby shower. It is hard to choose an outfit, and I have no idea what sizes to bring.....I think my little  love is going to be on the bigger side =)

I have the same feeling, so I bought a boy and a girl outfit in 0-3 months. On the odd shot that I have a newborn size baby I am bringing the gender neutral outfit that my grandmother bought LO before we found out LO was already over 3 lbs at 28weeks.

• Options

I brought both of my kids home in their hospital shirt, cap and blanket. Partly b/c I wanted our dog to recognize their scent. With each kid I sent a blanket home that they had been wrapped in so that my dog knew someone new to the family was coming home in a few days.

Even though I don't understand the concept of a "coming home" outfit (and I was born and bred in the deep south), I did get this LO a few coming home outfit options b/c it's a fabulous excuse to buy cute things from Janie and Jack :-) 

I'm also getting several kimono shirts monogrammed for him so there will be lots of "coming home" outfit options. 

• Options
    I was originally going to bring her home in a nice onesie that my hubby got but I received a nice set of a pants,shirt,and hat from a co worker, so depending on weather I may dress her in that. Wait till your shower because guests tend to buy all the cute dressy clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"