Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Sunscreen for a newborn

My baby is due very early May and I live in Texas so it gets very sunny and hot by then and of course into the summer.  I would like to take my son swimming and to the beach as long as it isn't too hot but he will definately need sunscreen protection.

Are there natural optoins that don't have all the chemicals in them but can provide a good layer of strong protection? I am not sure what the general rules are regarding infants and sunscreen but I would like to go as natural as possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sunscreen for a newborn

• Options
    Most pedis will tell you no sunblock before 6 months, keep in the shade and all that. I'd suggest a UV blocking swimsuit/rashguard and huge floppy hat. And shade. And when that 6 months hits, get some Badger Baby. It does really well on the Skin Deep Database.
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Definitely take an umbrella and some light muslin cloth or clothing to keep the sun off as much as possible. My pedi todl me sunblock was better to use under 6 months than risking burning...especially the safer formulas. Skin Deep Database is what I used to pick ours too. We did California Baby last time...but I"m moving away from their products since they are changing their mixes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelittleanomaly:
    Most pedis will tell you no sunblock before 6 months, keep in the shade and all that. I'd suggest a UV blocking swimsuit/rashguard and huge floppy hat. And shade. And when that 6 months hits, get some Badger Baby. It does really well on the Skin Deep Database.

This.

• Options
    Check out honest.com.  Their sunscreen has no chemicals, only zinc oxide and 7 other natural ingredients.  I use this along with clothes that have a UV protection factor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

GO!Screen sunscreen is the only FDA sunscreen approved for babies under 6 months but the people who created it still says they don't recommend anyone under 6 months being in the sun. 

We just bought some and I am excited to use it because my baby has no hair and regular sunscreen makes her hair greasy and go! Screen is a powder but we haven't needed to yet. :)  

You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    hey we are due the same day! (not relevant, i know :P)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"