June 2012 Moms

UO

It's Thursday and even though this board may be slow, I know there are some UOs out there. Let 'em rip!
pregnancy pregnancy

Re: UO

• I despise thank you card...I hate writing them and don't really care to receive them.
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• I hate when moms try to get their infants into modeling. Most of all babies are cute, not everyone has to model because someone thinks your baby is cute. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKatie829:
    I hate when moms try to get their infants into modeling. Most of all babies are cute, not everyone has to model because someone thinks your baby is cute. 

I agree. It's also weird when people put babies in beauty pageants and they are parading their baby around the stage. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetheabbey5:
    I despise thank you card...I hate writing them and don't really care to receive them.

Me too!  But I'm doing them anyway :(  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHeartcease:

imagetheabbey5:
    I despise thank you card...I hate writing them and don't really care to receive them.

Me too!  But I'm doing them anyway :(  

Yes me too...and I'm trying to keep a smile on my face while doing so...boo to them!  I also hate when I get them from my dd's friends after a bday party...I never sent thank you notes as a kid...and although I think it's good practice to show your gratitude...it sure is a pain in the butt to do that for 23 kids that won't even read it.... 

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• I get annoyed when people say you can't say anything to other people's children about their behavior. I've been headbutted, had the wind knocked out of me, hit and kicked enough times now by nieces and nephews whose parents do nothing about it. I'm not going to sit there and just take it because their parents won't do anything.
  • imagetheabbey5:

totally agree. Either say thank you when you recieve the gift, or if the person wasn't there when you recieved the gift just call and say thanks.

I did thank you cards for the wedding and that is the only time i will.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think people who refuse to sign up for direct deposit are ridiculous.  In my huge office we have three people who still get paper checks.  Every week they swarm my desk asking when their checks will be in.  I know it is really scary using this new fangled electronic stuff, but people - get with the 90's already!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • I have a few-- and I am leaving soon so oh well if no one likes them.

1. I fully support restaurants that ban children. I have worked in restaurant for years, and parents that don't discipline their children and make them behave should not be welcomed. A child should not be running around and disrupting other peoples dinner. (Yes, I blame the parents

2. To go off of number 1, kids don't belong out in restaurants, malls, etc. late a night. My restaurant is open until 12:30 and I have seen CRYING children come in at 11. I feel like the children should be a home resting.

3. I hate when moms say "Just wait" to FTMs. Its condescending. You're probably right, but it is still annoying.

4. I am over all the MIL vents. But I also have to admit that I have a great MIL/FIL and I don't understand having a bad MIL. The vents drive me nuts though.

5. Although the comments can be rude, I don't usually get offended if someone says something about my bump, gaining weight, "wow you're getting big". I am pregnant, I realize that I am going to get big, I don't believe people are trying to be mean when they say things. 

6. I could really care less if someone touches my bump. It took me a while to get pregnant and I glad people care about me and the baby to want to feel her kick. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I don't like showers, baby or bridal. Didn't really "enjoy" either of mine. Its one social convention that I prefer not to participate in.
  • imageKatie829:

I have a few-- and I am leaving soon so oh well if no one likes them.

1. I fully support restaurants that ban children. I have worked in restaurant for years, and parents that don't discipline their children and make them behave should not be welcomed. A child should not be running around and disrupting other peoples dinner. (Yes, I blame the parents

2. To go off of number 1, kids don't belong out in restaurants, malls, etc. late a night. My restaurant is open until 12:30 and I have seen CRYING children come in at 11. I feel like the children should be a home resting.

3. I hate when moms say "Just wait" to FTMs. Its condescending. You're probably right, but it is still annoying.

4. I am over all the MIL vents. But I also have to admit that I have a great MIL/FIL and I don't understand having a bad MIL. The vents drive me nuts though.

5. Although the comments can be rude, I don't usually get offended if someone says something about my bump, gaining weight, "wow you're getting big". I am pregnant, I realize that I am going to get big, I don't believe people are trying to be mean when they say things. 

6. I could really care less if someone touches my bump. It took me a while to get pregnant and I glad people care about me and the baby to want to feel her kick. 

I feel like I could have written EEEEEVERY one of these!!!!! :)  And the thank you card one too!!!!

• imageGracieBlue:
    I think people who refuse to sign up for direct deposit are ridiculous.  In my huge office we have three people who still get paper checks.  Every week they swarm my desk asking when their checks will be in.  I know it is really scary using this new fangled electronic stuff, but people - get with the 90's already!

YES! I hate to admit this, but DH still gets paper checks. It drives me INSANE. I seriously don't understand why he doesn't get direct deposit - especially last time when we had an issue with our mail and it took 3 weeks to get his check and he was mad about it. Sorry hun, but that's what you get for not having direct deposit! His only excuse for not getting direct deposit is that it "gets him out of the house"...

• imageKatie829:

This. I don't have a bad MIL either, so I don't really get what it's like, but at the same time every other post on here lately is about how much someone hates their mother in law.

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• imageKCheam2006:

imageGracieBlue:
    I think people who refuse to sign up for direct deposit are ridiculous.  In my huge office we have three people who still get paper checks.  Every week they swarm my desk asking when their checks will be in.  I know it is really scary using this new fangled electronic stuff, but people - get with the 90's already!

YES! I hate to admit this, but DH still gets paper checks. It drives me INSANE. I seriously don't understand why he doesn't get direct deposit - especially last time when we had an issue with our mail and it took 3 weeks to get his check and he was mad about it. Sorry hun, but that's what you get for not having direct deposit! His only excuse for not getting direct deposit is that it "gets him out of the house"...

DH still gets paper cheques as well. But it is because his company won't convert ugh! it would be so much easier

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When there are complaints about a baby shower. Lots of people who'd need one don't get one. It just annoys the crap out of me.

claudia poirier

• I agree with the "just wait" part. I have been hearing that one for years: just wait until you are 30, just wait until you are pregnant, just wait until your baby is here... UGH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageKatie829:

I disagree with most of your other topics, but ITA with this. People need to get their panties out of a wad. Yes, you ARE getting big. You're pregnant, that's what happens. Why is it so damn offensive for people to mention that your baby is growing?

• My UO is that I think its absolutely ridiculous when people give more compassion to animals than people.

(This is not a MIL rant :) Just an example) My mil CANNOT watch those sad abused animal commercials. Yeah, it sucks animals are abused. They are helpless.  She hides her face until we turn the channel. Shes 65.

Of course she can watch the news about people being shot, maimed, you name it. Of course "thats terrible" but she can watch it.

And Im probably going to get flamed for this one, but when people say to a pregnant woman, "Are you going to give up your child if it poops alot too?" on the pet rehoming posts a while back- Give me a freaking break. Im not saying its right, but to curse out someone who is providing a way for that animal to get free food, free love, free bed, is clear in my book. Throwing puppies on the side of the road? Yeah. Youre a total a--

• Thank you! Im so thankful Im getting one period and I will be cherishing everything I get because its not going to be an extravaganza by any means.

I forget what board I was lurking on, but someone actually posted "When is your first shower and how many are you having??" or something to that effect.

EDIT I thought I hit quote. Guess not. I was agreeing with the baby shower post

• imageclaudiaudia:
    When there are complaints about a baby shower. Lots of people who'd need one don't get one. It just annoys the crap out of me.

It bothers me when the complaint is petty like they don't like the theme or color scheme.

• imageclaudiaudia:
    When there are complaints about a baby shower. Lots of people who'd need one don't get one. It just annoys the crap out of me.

It annoys me when "someone needs a baby shower" in order to provide the essentials for their baby... 

• imageacbfreire:

I agree with the "just wait" part. I have been hearing that one for years: just wait until you are 30, just wait until you are pregnant, just wait until your baby is here... UGH!

I agree and yes- it is annoying and condescending. 

And I know it's been brought up before but it's along the same lines... the "get the sleep while you can" phrase is seriously annoying me lately. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagethatoneredhead:

My UO is that I think its absolutely ridiculous when people give more compassion to animals than people.

(This is not a MIL rant :) Just an example) My mil CANNOT watch those sad abused animal commercials. Yeah, it sucks animals are abused. They are helpless.  She hides her face until we turn the channel. Shes 65.

Of course she can watch the news about people being shot, maimed, you name it. Of course "thats terrible" but she can watch it.

And Im probably going to get flamed for this one, but when people say to a pregnant woman, "Are you going to give up your child if it poops alot too?" on the pet rehoming posts a while back- Give me a freaking break. Im not saying its right, but to curse out someone who is providing a way for that animal to get free food, free love, free bed, is clear in my book. Throwing puppies on the side of the road? Yeah. Youre a total a--

Yes

I got totally flamed for this a while ago and I never mentioned or intended to "rehome."  There were quotes like "people like you make me sick" and "if you'd stop treating your dog like a mangy mutt" etc.  Our dog is destructive and  often mean but we treat her with the love and compassion that animals deserve.  But they are still animals.  Yesterday she went after our son and knocked him down on the tile floor leaving a huge knot on his head.  He is 18 months old.   We still are planning on keeping her around.

So I applaud and thank you for posting that.

My UO- I try to avoid the posts in which women talk about sex.  1) It makes me uncomfortable to know about perfect strangers sex lives.  2) I have been on pelvic rest since November so I try not to think too much about it (Yes, I'm totally jealous,  I took it harder than DH). 

THAT BEING SAID:  it is very important to connect to your husbands in this manner. So if you are "allowed,"  make it a priority.  Take a nap if you are too tired.  Buy some nice nighties if you don't "feel" sexy.  And for goodness sakes, go get it on with your husbands/SO and stop posting about it!!!  I can't tell you what I would give to connect with my DH in that way right now.

• imageJessieCupcake:

imageclaudiaudia:

It bothers me when the complaint is petty like they don't like the theme or color scheme.

But they didn't consult me about the menu!!! Crying

/sarcasm

• imagedrbethc:

imageclaudiaudia:

It annoys me when "someone needs a baby shower" in order to provide the essentials for their baby... 

This times 100! 

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • My MIL is planning my babyshower.  She doesn't do it the way I would do it if I was throwing the shower, but I'm not, she is, so she can do whatever she wants.  If I wanted it my way then I'd throw it myself, but that isn't really my style.  I'm just happy she loves me enough to take on all that work! 

I think having guests address their own thank you envelopes isn't a terrible thing to do.  But I also think it depends on the person who's shower it is.  If everyone at my shower had to address their own envelopes, no one would think a thing of it, other than perhaps being very surprised that I was going to be sending any.  I have never even sent a christmas card, so their expectations are low.  Now I agree that for some people this might be tacky, for me I think it's perfectly fine.  If they don't do this (meaning if my MIL doesn't ask them to) I'm definitely not going to suggest it.  I'll just use a spreadsheet and print off address labels for everyone and do it that way.  Tacky?  Perhaps, but still not outside of my normal nature.  My friends and family will completely be onboard.

I have every intention of flying to Florida when I'm at 34 weeks to see my sister and neice over the weekend, and because I'll be getting 2x weekly NST's and ultrasounds, I don't feel like this is unsafe since I asked my doctor first.  Of course I'll cancel the trip if anything exciting comes out of any of those tests.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• imagecourtfsu:
    imagethatoneredhead:

My UO is that I think its absolutely ridiculous when people give more compassion to animals than people.

Yes

I got totally flamed for this a while ago and I never mentioned or intended to "rehome."  There were quotes like "people like you make me sick" and "if you'd stop treating your dog like a mangy mutt" etc.  Our dog is destructive and  often mean but we treat her with the love and compassion that animals deserve.  But they are still animals.  Yesterday she went after our son and knocked him down on the tile floor leaving a huge knot on his head.  He is 18 months old.   We still are planning on keeping her around.

So I applaud and thank you for posting that.

My UO- I try to avoid the posts in which women talk about sex.  1) It makes me uncomfortable to know about perfect strangers sex lives.  2) I have been on pelvic rest since November so I try not to think too much about it (Yes, I'm totally jealous,  I took it harder than DH). 

THAT BEING SAID:  it is very important to connect to your husbands in this manner. So if you are "allowed,"  make it a priority.  Take a nap if you are too tired.  Buy some nice nighties if you don't "feel" sexy.  And for goodness sakes, go get it on with your husbands/SO and stop posting about it!!!  I can't tell you what I would give to connect with my DH in that way right now.

Im glad you read what i intended! I re-read my post and thought oh that was confusing to the point where I said the opposite of what I meant! I meant it was clear (maybe not exactly right in every situation, but clear none the less) in my book to rehome and ridiculous to curse someone out for it. Yeah, sorry you got flamed when you are trying to help your dog out.

• Another thing that annoys me is when parents let their children interrupt them while the parent is in an adult conversation. I'm not talking, if the child is really is in need of the parent. I'm talking about a child who is nagging and just seeking attention (and being bratty). What annoys me about this is the parent does not discipline the child and instead lets the child continue. I was at lunch with a girlfriend and her child got up from her chair and started to pull at my girlfriend's hair. The child is 3 years old. The child then said to my friend, "you're disgusting."...My girlfriend did not do anything. I was appalled. 
  • I don't think marriage is that hard.  Really, non of my relationships are hard (parents, siblings, boss, mother in law). Maybe I'm just really laid back?

Come on...one of you is going to "just wait" me, right?

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • imageTwilightMV:

I don't think marriage is that hard.  Really, non of my relationships are hard (parents, siblings, boss, mother in law). Maybe I'm just really laid back?

Yes 

claudia poirier

• imageTwilightMV:

I don't think marriage is that hard.  Really, non of my relationships are hard (parents, siblings, boss, mother in law). Maybe I'm just really laid back?

I dont get this either! Sounds like you have figured out how to not expect too much from them.

I think of relationships as they relate to age. Is your relationship a newborn? Ok, well it probably doesnt "do" much wrong. Is your relationship 2 years old? Ok, you have a terrible 2 yo on your hands. Its going to need some attention, and lord help you if you dont correct issues when its young.

If "hard" means giving minimal effort to happily coexist and sometimes compromising on decisions, then dang, Im exhausted Stick out tongue

• All of our ultrasound techs have been terrible for one reason or another. My 1st appt. she made me totally undress from waist down in front of her, the person she was training and DH (no changing room no gown) and then made me lye on the bed half naked with no blanket covering my entire lower half (I felt uncomfortable and was FREEZING). One ultrasound lady wouldn't stop talking about USing her cats. I told one tech that I'd had a sip of coffee that morning hoping maybe baby would be a little more active so we could see him better and she went off on me about how much damage caffiene can do to baby. The place I go to has you drink 32 oz of water 2 hours prior to appt. I showed up on time to appt. and the tech was 45 min late! I could see her joking with other employees and drinking coffee in the back and finally went up to the desk and flipped out telling them I was going to pee on their couch if they didn't hurry it up. 
  • imagebunnyfungo:
    imagedrbethc:

imageclaudiaudia:

I think this is a little harsh. DH and I don't have a ton of money. Does that mean we're irresponsible for having a baby? Because I work in non-profit and will probably never have huge paychecks does that mean I shouldn't get to know the joys of motherhood? We aren't having a shower and so far we've managed to buy everything we need for the baby, but when I hear about people having 2 or 3 showers I definitely get jealous. I think it's nice, no matter how much you earn, to get things you need for free, so I don't think it's something people should be complaining about. 

You are saying that you have bought everything you need for your baby, so you would not fall into this category. The PP was referring to those who get pregnant and expect everyone else to shower them with all the essentials needed for a baby. Yes, it is nice to have a shower, but if you are counting on that to get all the things you need for baby than that's a problem. You should only have as many children as you can financially care for. It's called responsibility. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacbfreire:

I agree with the "just wait" part. I have been hearing that one for years: just wait until you are 30, just wait until you are pregnant, just wait until your baby is here... UGH!

I agree!  I keep saying how great I feel, that I've only gained 20 lbs, and people keep saying to me, "Just wait, you aren't done yet!"

Really?  Is it that horrible for me to say I feel good, do you REALLY have to say I'm going to start feeling like *** and gain even more weight?  

People piss me off. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I get annoyed when people constantly say movie quotes and expect you to automatically know what they're referencing.  I find kind of pathetic, that someone has put effort into memorizing it.  

I'm sick of getting dirty looks from my coworkers when I don't want to do volunteer overtime.  My back is hurting enough from sitting at a desk for 8.5 hours a day, even with walks on breaks.  I just want to go home and crash.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • One more, people who get personalized license plates with their job title.  LPN SUE or ER MD for example, for some reason I see a lot of them by me.  I have no problem with educated individuals, but license plate advertisements of their professions seem a little narcissistic - provided the license plate is factual. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imagedrbethc:
    Another thing that annoys me is when parents let their children interrupt them while the parent is in an adult conversation. I'm not talking, if the child is really is in need of the parent. I'm talking about a child who is nagging and just seeking attention (and being bratty). What annoys me about this is the parent does not discipline the child and instead lets the child continue. I was at lunch with a girlfriend and her child got up from her chair and started to pull at my girlfriend's hair. The child is 3 years old. The child then said to my friend, "you're disgusting."...My girlfriend did not do anything. I was appalled. 

Have you ever had this happen to you?  My son is 3 1/2. It happens all the time.  Sometimes it's worse to address the situation and escalate the child's behavior to get the child to stop.  They are seeking attention, and if you give it to them (by addressing what they are doing) they only ramp it up.  In my experience, you do what you can to ignore/deflect and then you speak to the child in private later about why they shouldn't interrupt.  It seems to work much better in the long run. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"