Postpartum Depression

Just introducing myself..

Well I'm a a FTM who had her (preemie) son on friday, April 6th @ 5:10pm. He was 6 weeks early, born at 34 weeks, 1 day, by c section. He's my perfect little man, he was born at 3 pounds, and is just under 3 pounds now. I was alright, I guess, while I was recovering in the hospital. I had to come home last night. It was the worst night of my life. I cried all day yesterday & all night. I know every women gets the blues a few days ater having a baby, but I really think this is more.. Its killing me that I had to be discharged and leave my son in the Nicu. Dont get me wrong, Im glad he is doing so well & I know he is in the best place to get healthy. I have never seeked help before, im lost, I just dont like feeling like this. I have never been in more pain in my life befoe, It's both physical & emotional. I figured I would introduce myself, Since Im guessing I'll be here for a while. thank you in advance for any kindwords or any avice. it means alot.
My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage

Re: Just introducing myself..

• I delivered twin girls prematurely, and they spent 2.5 weeks in NICU.  It is very difficult to leave your LO in the hospital while you are discharged.  All we ever want to do is have healthy babies and to bring our baby(ies) home with us.  It is very painful.  And having a c-section from which to recover does not help.  There is the physical pain of healing from that. 

I actually came over here, because I've been having some emotional struggles as of late, and I wonder if maybe it's more than "normal".  I saw your post, and I felt I had to respond as I remember those feelings.  And you are right.  Your little man will get healthy and gain weight to safely come home with you.  They will also put him on a great sleeping/eating schedule that you can continue at home.  That made it nice for me and my girls.  It gave me a place to start and continue to watch them grow.  Now they are 11 weeks (almost 12) and doing fabulously.

HUGS 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"