June 2012 Moms

Too early to buy nursing bras?

I'm 31 weeks today... doctors aren't sure how long I'll be able to stay pregnant (IUGR/placenta issues) but right now I'm on home bedrest so I'm trying to get as much done while I can. 

Do you think it's too early to buy nursing bras? I'm a FTM so I don't know if my boobs are going to grow over the next couple of weeks.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Too early to buy nursing bras?

• A lot of them have some give, so I don't think size is too much of an issue.  If you find some good deals, I definatly do not think it is too early.  IMO- I got a few cheap ones on sale at target and they didn't hold up very well so it is probably worth investing in a few good ones.  In the end, I just wore regular bras and would just pull the cup part down.  It worked just fine.  Good luck.
  • i bought two bravado original nursing bras , they have quite a stretch and even if i gain a cup size or a band size it wont be a problem in them . i love them they r very comfy too.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I know that last time my boobs grew a lot in the last month.  I was also told in our class to wait till about 36 weeks.
  • I would say yes, because even though the bras have some give to them, it can be a huge surprise when your milk actually comes in. I'd wait a bit before making a buy on a bra.

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• I was wondering about this too. I want to buy some bravado nursing bras and/or tanks but wasn't sure what size i would end up needing.

This weekend I converted to my sports bra because my ribs were expanding and it just hurt too much. It's frustrating spending money on bras when you know that they aren't going to fit for very long.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been wearing the ones from my previous pregnancy for this entire pregnancy. I'm of no help at all. :)

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageclaudiaudia:
    I would say yes, because even though the bras have some give to them, it can be a huge surprise when your milk actually comes in. I'd wait a bit before making a buy on a bra.

I agree. Not only do boobs get crazy huge when your milk comes in, but you can't know ahead of time what size they'll be once your milk supply stabilized. If you found a good deal on some cheap ones you could get one for immediately after birth, but I'd probably save most of my "bra budget" for once LO is here and you have a better sense of what size you need. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have some already but only because I had to buy bigger bras awhile ago, and I just got some from Motherhood Maternity which were nursing bras.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ah, okay... the consensus seems to be to wait. I'm okay with that... i'll probably be exclusively pumping for awhile anyway since it looks like baby will be in the NICU for a bit when he's born.

Thanks! 

• imageHuskerBabyB:
    I've been wearing the ones from my previous pregnancy for this entire pregnancy. I'm of no help at all. :)

Me too.  There's no point in going out to buy sexy bras while pregnant.

I only have 2 Anita nursing bras that I actually wear.  I went through about 10 craptastic ones before I sucked it up and got fitted for a quality bra. I've been wearing the same two bras for almost 2 years.

OP - I would buy 1, maybe 2 bras, if you're going to buy them now.  Personally, I'd go with the comfy sleeper kind at first.  Crazy things will happen once LO is born - your boobs will be enormous and your chest will slowly start to shrink back to normal.  So, both your cup and your chest size will be changing.  Most people recommend waiting until 6-8weeks postpartum to get sized for quality nursing bras.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"