June 2012 Moms
Options

Hospital Tour

Went on my hospital tour last night!  It was very helpful.  I recommend it to anyone who hasn't done this before!  I learned so much. Everything from where my family will be waiting to what will happen right when she is born, what can happen if there is a problem, and even the security measures they take!  It did put me into a bit of a panicky reality check that this child is actually going to have to come out at some point!  Yet, I do feel a bit of a relief because they walked us through every step we will be taking from the front door to the labor room to recovery, which helped me a lot because I'm sure my brain will not be working right that day!  Plus, it is a brand new hospital which was cool to see all of the new up to date equipment and theories they had on child care. They are super liberal and willing to accommodate new mom's fears and ideas! Anyways, thought I would share. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Hospital Tour

• Options

Awesome, glad you had a good experience! I always feel better when I have an idea of what to expect, sounds like you do too.

DH and I will be taking a birthing center tour during our baby class next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my tour on Saturday, and I am so glad we took it!  I was afraid the hospital was going to give me a hard time about some of the things on my birth plan, but when the nurse giving the tour explained how they treat the women in labor, she specifically mentioned so many things on my plan!  Like using a birth ball (every room has one already), not being tethered to the bed, etc.  It was awesome!   She even showed us each "nutrition station" where we (or our DH's, coaches, etc) can help themselves to ice, water, juice, crackers, and hard candies during labor and afterwards.  So relieved now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had ours a few weeks ago and I for sure had a small panic attack afterwards!  I think when the time actually comes it will be very nice to know what to expect and where to go, but I was very happy to get back home! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I loved the hospital tour. and I got a total panic attack also. it was so weird I knew I was eventually going to have to deliver the baby but the tour made it a closer reality hahaha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"