Postpartum Depression

Coping skills - Share yours

I thought it might be good to share any coping skills you have developed since your LO has entered the scene.

I get insanely anxious when my (or any) baby cries.  Even when it's just a random wimper.  My hair raises and I'm insanely on edge.  And I just want to make it better RIGHT NOW.  Well I've been opening up more about my feelings with my DH.  And he says I just hear our DS cries as music.   He'll never be this small or cry like this again. 

So today everytime he cries I've been thinking "Music, music, music".  And it's been working for me.   He had a good 30 min cry (he's gassy) and I was able to keep my anxiety low.   It was pretty awesome.  It's actually a cute cry he sounds like a kitty cat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Coping skills - Share yours

• When DS would cry and I couldn't figure out why, I would lay him in his crib (or on a blanket on the floor) and walk outside. I never left him for more than a minute or two, but the complete change of scenery did me good. I started taking DS with me and he loved it. I know it's not really a coping skill but it helped me.
  • I try to remind myself that she cries and I hold her and tell her it's okay, it's okay.  So when I cry I'll just pick her up and rock her and say it's okay, it's okay.  I'm telling us both.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"