Childless not by choice

May i join you?

Hi ladies. I'm hoping to find some strength and support with a group of people who have been through so much!  3t has been my home for a while and i don't really want to leave but I'm not going to fit in so well over there anymore. I did recognize atleast 1 fellow 3 t,er on here. 
Here's my story:  we had been planning on starting our family for a while but decided to finish our house and work down some debt first.  Our plan was to begin ttc last summer  in April I had a lap and found out I had severe endometriosis and a blocked tube among other things. We started 6 months of lupron therapy for the Endo and continued to work down debt get healthy lose weight etc. we were told we had only 1 year to conceive or it would never happen.   Unfortunately we didn't even make it that far.  After 2 failed cycles with re i wound up in hospital over a week and a half ago (and am still there bumping from phone). After a roller coaster of events and what feels like an episode of house i had a full hysterectomy last fri and was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian (and several other organ)cancer.  I will begin chemo in about 2 weeks and hope to go home tomorrow.  I'm still having trouble accepting the hysterectomy let alone the cancer. I'm devastated to say the least. 3t has been wonderful to me and they are even carrying badges for me in their siggies!   I just can no longer relate to the treatment talk and the hope for a child.  I pray that one day soon I'll be cancer free and can still adopt but I know that may not happen.and you all can relate to that not being a cure anyways 
Thanks for listening to my long story and I hope you'll have me

Re: May i join you?

• I am so sorry you have to join us here. It sure sounds like you have been through a lot. Did they discover the ovarian cancer in the course of your fertility treatments? We are not a very active board, but everyone here is very supportive. I will be thinking about you as you start your chemo. I hope you get to go home tomorrow. ((Hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehollymichael:
    I am so sorry you have to join us here. It sure sounds like you have been through a lot. Did they discover the ovarian cancer in the course of your fertility treatments? We are not a very active board, but everyone here is very supportive. I will be thinking about you as you start your chemo. I hope you get to go home tomorrow. ((Hugs))

Thank you for the welcome. Cancer was sorta discovered during treatment.  I had just fjnished up a cycle and was gonna have baseline for next but wound up in emergency room due severe back pain and swelling of belly (think 6 months plus preg swelling) and that's when it was all found. My ovaries have looked completely normal during ultrasounds and no signs were visible  

• Loading the player...
  • imagepulga131:

imagehollymichael:
    I am so sorry you have to join us here. It sure sounds like you have been through a lot. Did they discover the ovarian cancer in the course of your fertility treatments? We are not a very active board, but everyone here is very supportive. I will be thinking about you as you start your chemo. I hope you get to go home tomorrow. ((Hugs))

Thank you for the welcome. Cancer was sorta discovered during treatment.  I had just fjnished up a cycle and was gonna have baseline for next but wound up in emergency room due severe back pain and swelling of belly (think 6 months plus preg swelling) and that's when it was all found. My ovaries have looked completely normal during ultrasounds and no signs were visible  

Pulga,

I hope you don't mind me responding but I've been following your story and have your badge on my siggy.  I am fairly close to joining this board due to recent events but haven't posted here yet. Anyway, I am BRCA1+ (breast/ovarian cancer gene) and wondered if anyone at the hospital suggested you get tested for it since you are so young for OC.  Your reality is my fear and hearing that your ovaries looked fine on ultrasounds scares the crap out of me. I am supposed to remove my ovaries as a preventative measure when I am done having kids but that isn't working well as my siggy will show. I keep wondering if I am pressing my luck by continuing to try treatment. My mom had OC at age 36 but was fortunate that it was discovered at stage 1 since the doctor felt the tumor when she went in to get her tubes tied.  I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Pulga..I just wanted to say that I'm truly, truly sorry for what you have been through. I hope your at home resting comfortably and will be thinking of you. Hope it was ok to post. I was on this board..left and will prob be back again. This board has been very helpful. It is filled with caring and thoughtful ladies. My T & P's for a healthy recovery.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Pulga...

you have always been such an incredible source of strength and support. I hope that you can rely on so many of us here as we have done on you in the past. I have to shake my head as I think about your workplace being opposed to ART and yet this is ironically part of what helped you discover your unfortunate news. 

I hate so much that people like you get one thing after the next heaped on after you've been through so much.  

We are all rooting for you and hoping good news and life get back into full swing soon. (((massive hugs))) 

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • I'm a lurker here, but wanted to say that I am so, so sorry.  I wish you a full recovery, and hope to see you over on the adoption board in the future!  A friend of mine from college had advanced colon cancer a couple years ago.  Treatment required removal of a large part of his intestines plus a partial vasectomy.  He also went through chemo, is in remission, learned that bio kids aren't an option due to his surgery and chemo, and he and his wife are in the process of adopting right now :)  I hope you end up with a similar story.  There are other girls on the adoption board who ended up there due to health issues, including two girls who had organ transplants.
  • imagepulga131:

imagehollymichael:

That is interesting that your ovaries had looked completely normal. I wondered if the monitoring u/s was how you found out, but I guess not. Please make sure to keep us posted on how you are doing. I will be thinking about you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry you're here, Pulga. Big hugs <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagepulga131:

imagehollymichael:

Pulga,

I hope you don't mind me responding but I've been following your story and have your badge on my siggy.  I am fairly close to joining this board due to recent events but haven't posted here yet. Anyway, I am BRCA1+ (breast/ovarian cancer gene) and wondered if anyone at the hospital suggested you get tested for it since you are so young for OC.  Your reality is my fear and hearing that your ovaries looked fine on ultrasounds scares the crap out of me. I am supposed to remove my ovaries as a preventative measure when I am done having kids but that isn't working well as my siggy will show. I keep wondering if I am pressing my luck by continuing to try treatment. My mom had OC at age 36 but was fortunate that it was discovered at stage 1 since the doctor felt the tumor when she went in to get her tubes tied.  I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

Hey hun. Sorry to see you hear. I pray you never have to experience this! Knowing that you have the gene will help doctors keep a close eye on you though and hopefully if you do ever get it they will find it early. I had the BRCA test drawn last week. I know I can't pass it on to my children since I can't have any of my own, but I do have a sister and niece and want to know if they should worry!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"