3rd Trimester

Nesting Surge...what week did you get it?

I'm 31 weeks and haven't gotten that burst of energy and overwhelming urge to clean...AND I DESPERATELY NEED IT!!! This place is a mess and I would love to clean and disinfect it but I have absolutely no energy. I am drained everyday from doing absolutely nothing at all.

At what week did you get your Nesting Surge and how long did it last? 

Kingston Jett has arrived!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nesting Surge...what week did you get it?

• I am 38 weeks and still haven't gotten it. 
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I starrted mopping the floor when I was in labor.

But before that the nesting was really on and off. I'd be like 'GOTTTA CLEAN EVERYTHING!!' then a week later 'ehhh, i'd rather sleep.'

Good luck:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has been like that too. And sadly mine kept coming when I had no TIME to nest. Thanks to discrimination, I recently lost my job though, SO now I suddenly have a lot of free time on the weekends when I am not at the university to clean the house. At this point I have the urge, but not the energy. I just take frequent five to ten minute breaks (every half hour lmao) So it's slow going, but I'm getting things done. The more I get done surprisingly the more motivation I find, and that gives me a bit of an energy boost.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It comes and goes.
  • I haven't gotten it but I'm hoping it's coming.  I could really use it too.  In the meantime, I'm forcing myself to do some cleaning and organizing.
  • It comes and goes for me this pregnancy..

.but with my 1st pregnancy it never showed up. Lol

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • comes and goes throughout entire pregnancy. Christmas break off work I did TONS.

Lately its been every couple of days. Seems like I do tons one day, get very worn out and can't do anything for a couple days, then get back at it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you for your post..I'm also 31 weeks and waiting for the big surge! I want to get everything done, th desire is there, but we are currently finishing moving into a tiny little apartment and everything is everywhere...no one place to start. Hoping that after today, when my hubby ad BIL get a bunch moved to storage and out of the way, that I will feel more ambishious to get it all done. I just dont want LO to come early and not have anything done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MrsMommie
  • This is my third and I NEVER have had that surge you speak of. I just know it needs to be done so I do it,energy or not I just force myself to do it. That's what I've done today I invited people over for dinner so I would need to clean and I've spent the whole morning cleaning now I'm sitting here eating Doritos and playing on the bump for a break.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I never really got one with my first two. Just had days here and there in the 3rd tri I had energy to get stuff done but never a huge surge of "must clean the house!". Everything still got done ;-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine has been off and on but it's like the clutter bothers me but I'd rather relax, it hurts to stand for long.
  • I had one surge at 27wk and I hope to have it again closer to the end. Boy, did I get a lot done!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • still waiting for mine
  • Mine started around 36 weeks and lasted maybe 2 weeks.  At that point I knew I needed to get some things done so we were ready whenever this baby decides to make his/her appearance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i have been nesting like a crazy person for at least a month. some days are much worse than others. today i washed all of the removable vacuum pieces/filters. (they are meant to be washed, but still)

some days i can't be bothered, but usually i'm sort of scurrying from one project to another (like rearranging my hospital bag, or lint rolling dog hair off of the couch)

• imageChristina_Diane:
    I am 38 weeks and still haven't gotten it. 

This.  Blargh.  I'm just plugging along trying to get the house presentable while still being inundated with last minute baby-related orders arriving from Amazon.  I wish I was having those meth-esque cleaning frenzies other ladies talk about.

• It just started for me this past week, so at 34 weeks.  Now I want all this stuff done in the next week or two.  Not sure if it will happen that way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • imageAmberrrr:

I starrted mopping the floor when I was in labor.

But before that the nesting was really on and off. I'd be like 'GOTTTA CLEAN EVERYTHING!!' then a week later 'ehhh, i'd rather sleep.'

This

• imageAmberrrr:

I starrted mopping the floor when I was in labor.

This is me too. I'm 39 weeks and today is a GOTTA CLEAN EVERYTHING day! But tomorrow will probably be a "My back/feet/ribs/crotch hurt too bad to do anything" day. It comes and goes. 

• With DS I'm told I was nesting around 37 weeks. I say the house and my desk and stuff at work were just dirty and needed cleaning. I cleaned up my desk last week at work and have been cleaning my house all this week (on Spring Break) so I guess around 32 weeks?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • With my first, I'd say it hit about 6-9 months after he was born...when I had no time or energy for it. This time I've been feeling it on and off since mid 2nd tri but physically, this has been a more difficult pregnancy so I can't really do all the stuff I have the urge to do.
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been nesting for the past month and a half, but I can only work on it on the weekends.  The nursery is almost done.  I have the changing fully stocked with diapers, bath supplies, etc.  The clothes have been washed and put away.  The bookshelf is fully stocked, as are all the toy bins.  The car has organizers in the trunk filled with anything we could possibly need in a pinch-diapers, wipes, first aid kit, etc.  I even have about 7 different snacks and drinks in the car for when we get hungry on our way to baby classes.  The diaper bags are packed.  The hospital bag is getting packed tonight, just to have it done.  I went grocery shopping today for the first time in forever (we usually get dinner each night) and stocked the fridge/pantry.  I've started to get obsessive about the laundry-there is a load constantly going as I'm finding the stupidest things to wash now.  Last weekend, I spent 1.5 hours cleaning out the cabinet behind the bathroom mirror and organizing all my make-up. 

I will say this-I am NOT in to deep cleaning.  Most of this organizing, shopping for supplies, etc.  Dh has been really, really great about keeping the dishes washed, vacuuming, wiping down the bathroom, etc.  I'm not about to get down on my knees and clean the corners at this point, regardless of my urges! ;)

• Had a bit in the first trimester and in the second but nothing like now! At the start of my 3rd trimester, 28 weeks it was on!  Still nesting daily! I get tired late afternoon/early evening and lay down for a little rest but other than that I am in cleaning mode most of the day! It is even hard for me to resist the urge to get up while I am resting but I make myself because I know I need to.

• I hear you! It's hard when you're so tired from just simple, daily things to add extra 'nesting' on top of it! I have had it but mostly week 33 and 34 it hit. (I am 35 weeks now). But I have a lot to get in order, we're expecting baby #5 and with four little ones already here it's a bit like shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing. But, hey, we have to try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"