January 2011 Moms
Options

How long have you gone..

I guess I'm trying to see how many topics I can post. lol, I have no idea what my deal is.

Anyways, I was wondering how long you go without checking on LO while you are away. At work? Or on a trip without him/her?

I wonder if i check on my LO too much, if its obsessive.  During the work day I text 2 or 3 times, and if i am away for the night or whole day, every few hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long have you gone..

• Options
    I'll admit that I almost never leave her. When she did go to child care one time, I checked on her EVERY chance I got.
  • Options
    She is home M-F with my MIL while I work and unless something is on my mind, I don't text or call at all.  However, if he was somewhere else maybe.  With the babysitter I text to make sure he is asleep and still asleep a time or two while out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm always checking!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejaxxx15:
    She is home M-F with my MIL while I work and unless something is on my mind, I don't text or call at all.  However, if he was somewhere else maybe.  With the babysitter I text to make sure he is asleep and still asleep a time or two while out.

I can understand that. I do seem to check less when she is w/ my mom.

• Options

When they are at DC 8 hours, Monday and Friday, I pretty much never call. I'd like to but I figure with 5 kids there she has more important things to do that chat with me on the phone.

I always call after they go to bed while I'm at work on the weekends just to see how the rest of their night went with MH.

When the kids are staying for 3-8 days at a time with my parents I call 2-6 times per day. They usually spend part of the day with my grandma, so I call while they are there. I check in the morning and at night to see how they woke up or went to bed. I call anyone there that had contact with them to get all different perspectives, lol.

When we went to Mexico last summer for a week. I called once/day and emailed back and forth with my mom.

• Options
    imageRosieBcheeks98:

I'm always checking!

This!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've gone maybe 2 or 3 hours and that is if my DP has DD.  If it's my mom then it's probably every hourish.  I need to work on that.
  • Options

When she was at daycare, I liked getting texts from them once a day.  They usually sent pictures.  I didn't want to bother them since they were busy with a bunch of other kids.

With babysitters, they usually text me pics or updates before I even have a chance to ask.

• Options

I'm usually with her. On Tuesday, ILs take her for about 3 hours. I don't check in because I use that time to go to the gym, clean, apply for jobs, whatever. A few times she's been with my ILs or my mom for longer. I didn't check in those days either 'cause I figure they will let me know if something is wrong and I was leaving her so I could get things done. If H has her, I don't really check up but he usually sends me pictures or texts to tell me how cute she is.

When she was really tiny if I left her I probably called every hour (and never really left for more than 2, possibly 3, hours).

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

On days I am at work I usually check in with my mother, IL's or DH at least once a day.  When I travel I try to check in once a day but sometimes time zones don't allow for that. 

• Options

I'm all over the place with this. Some times it's excessive, sometimes I can relax. Guess it depends on my mood and how clingy I am that day! LOL

I always want to know if and when he falls asleep and wakes up as it's happening but I don't always get the luxury of a play-by-play! 

• Options
    When he is at daycare I do not check in, sometimes they will send me a picture or just a text message, but I do not check in becuase I figure they are busy with the kids.  When we have had a babysitter he has been asleep before the babysitter got there, so I do not check in, and it has only been for like 3 hours or so.  When he has spent the night at my families I do not check in, he spent the night at my mil one night and I called 3 times that night, and was at her house to pick him up at 8 am, even though he was fine, I just dont trust her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It depends on who she is with.  When we went to the beach for a few days and E was with my mom I only did at night before we went to dinner or bed and now if I leave her for a few hours with her then I don't check in because I know she's fine.  If she weren't fine then my mom would tell me right away.  She's only stayed with my MIL for a few hours when she came to visit us and stayed the night at her house a couple times and I didn't call then because she usually sends me pictures of her while she's there so I know she's ok.  A few things have happened while she was with her though that I didn't find out about until days later or the next day but it wasn't stuff she would have told me if I called to check (letting her sleep on the couch overnight, falling off the steps).  She's stayed with a friend twice and each time she sent me pictures while I was gone and we were texting so I felt ok about not calling. She's been in hourly care a few times for a little over 2 hours and I didn't check on her then.
  • Options
    I have only left her overnight twice and I checked in like 5 times with my H.  With babysitters (only happened a handful of time) I check in twice.  During the work day while she is at daycare I do not check in unless she seemed off or had a diaper rash or something that concerned me going on and I wanted to see how her mood was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"