Pregnant after a Loss

If you tested obsessively with Wondfos...

How dark did your BFP get compared to the control line? Over the last couple days, my line has stayed a lot lighter than the control line. I was expecting it to get darker over time but it isn't - it actually got a little lighter today- so of course it's freaking me out a little.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you tested obsessively with Wondfos...

• My line did get a lot darker every day, however I was farther along than I realized. I didn't get a bfp until cd57 and around cd45 I just gave up testing thinking my body hated me. However, I did test 4 days in a row after the first one and they did get darker and darker.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I posted this in my intro because I was worried.  I was obsessively testing with Wondfo's and CBE digitals, and although I got + with the Wondfo, it never got much darker.  It was pretty light.  I kept testing until I got my blood draw done.  After that, I just stopped testing since my HCG was a 73 and I knew even if I did start m/c I'd still probably get + tests.   

BFP #1: 8/2011 ** EDD:  5/9/2012 **  Missed m/c discovered at 13 weeks

BFP #2: 4/4/2012 ** EDD:  12/24/12 ** Born: Charlotte "Charlie" Olivia   12/18/2013, 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • imageaussiedaze:

I posted this in my intro because I was worried.  I was obsessively testing with Wondfo's and CBE digitals, and although I got + with the Wondfo, it never got much darker.  It was pretty light.  I kept testing until I got my blood draw done.  After that, I just stopped testing since my HCG was a 73 and I knew even if I did start m/c I'd still probably get + tests.   

So it was still fairly light with a level of 73? Interesting! Good luck at your next draw! 

Top one is 12DPO, second one is 13DPO, bottom is 14DPO (today). 

• Those are pretty much what mine looked like the first few days after I got my BFP.  I stopped POAS for a few days and then did again and the line was much darker then.  I would take a break from the pee sticks for a few days and then test again.  (((HUGS)))  This is such a stressful process!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • That's what mine looked like when I first tested but you're still early so I think its normal. If you do one again in like say a week, it'll get much darker. Or at least mine did when I did it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • those look pretty normal. I wouldn't worry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A few days in my test line was darker than the control line.  It was like it sucked up all the ink and there wasn't enough left for the other line.  That doesn't really mean too much when you conpare one person to another though,  You may have had more fluids in your system and your urine more dilluted.  You may have been at a different day/week in your pegnancy.  I also started with twins with this pregnancy, so that may have given me the darker lines.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Thanks everyone :) I feel like I'm going insane, but you're right, I need to put away the HPTs for my own mental health!
  • I got my BFP at 10dpo and my HCG that day was 13. I tested every day for another week and it got darker, but very slowly. It took a couple of weeks to have a line as dark as the control line.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I think they look pretty normal. :) If it makes you feel any better, I just accidentally screwed up the order of all of my pee sticks so now I don't know which is which! Guess God is telling me to stop obsessing :)
    ~Melanie

TTC since July '09
    Diagnosed with PCOS Feb '10
    6/2010 - Natural M/C - made it to 5 weeks
    10/2010 - D&C - made it to 7 weeks
    6/2011 - Natural M/C - made it to 6 weeks
    4/2012 - BFP! Beta#1 1401 20DPO
    Beta #2 4327 24DPO
    U/S 6w6d 134bpm heartrate! Baby Gummybear!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Those look like they are getting darker each day.  I wouldn't stress about it.  You are still really early.  Can you go in for bloodwork to help ease your mind?
  • imagemelaniejt:
    I think they look pretty normal. :) If it makes you feel any better, I just accidentally screwed up the order of all of my pee sticks so now I don't know which is which! Guess God is telling me to stop obsessing :)

LOL, I love this!  If only I didn't use sharpie to mark mine with the day and number (oh yes...I did multiples each day in the beginning and numbered them ALL out of fear that they'd get mixed up).  

BFP#1 - 09/12/11, EDD 5/18/12 - Stopped growing at 6w3d, m/c induced 10/14/11
    BFP#2 - 04/01/12, EDD 12/12/12, Arrived 12/4/12!!
    BFP#3 - 12/31/13, EDD 09/10/14 - Grow baby, grow!

• I've tested 5 times a day every day for all 4 of my losses and now my 5th pregnancy.  Here is what I can tell you.

Your test looks fine!  The bottom one is looking like about 90ish in hCG level, the one above it is looking like 100ish in hCG level.  Here is the problem with Wondfo's, they ALL have different ink amounts with them.  Only compare a dry to a dry, and if the dry control lines are not the same line, do not take the test to heart.  Here's the other thing about hCG, as you may know, it takes 48-72 hours for that number to double.  The line shouldn't really be noticeably more darker than the last test until 2 or 3 days later!  The test lines becomes as dark as the control line at exactly 1200.  At the 3000+ level the control line becomes as light as the faintest BFP you've ever seen and the line is as dark as the control line.

Here is the best way to check if it's getting darker without even comparing the lines!  Take a stop watch or use your smartphones stop watch.  Dip your pee stick in the urine and immediately start the time.  Stop the stop watch exactly when the second line appears.  That is your standing time.  Every day your standing time on the test should become shorter or stay the same, until it maxes out and can't get any faster.  This method is the best for dealing with hCG under 1200.  After 1200 line comparing is the only thing that works unfortunately.

Yes I know the fact I know all of this is really bad :(.  Yes, I can tell by sight alone how much your beta will be based on a line....it's sad I know :(

-adorUHbuL

• Put the pee sticks away!!! You're only going to freak yourself out. I only tested two days. I tested first at 12DPO. I got the call back at 13DPO that my HCG was 55. So I tested again at 14DPO because I wanted to see a digital turn positive. I used a Wondfo first just to make sure I was still pregnant and wouldn't waste a digital. So I took two Wondfos total. The one on 14DPO was darker than 12DPO, but still not as dark as the control ine.

They are cheap for a reason. They're not perfectly made tests and I'm sure the dye can vary a lot between each test. So there's really no point in analyzing every line. You're pregnant - so put those pee sticks away!

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
  • Okay, well here it goes..... I didn't use Wonfos, but a couple days ago I had a similar issue. I tested and my line looked lighter than the day before, but so did the control line. So, I tested again with the same urine.

Since I tested every day here are my tests if you can see, the one frome the 8th looks darker than yesterday's ...... But the control line is supper heavy, so I didn't take it to heart.

If I would have just tested every third day, I think I wouldn't have been so crazy. 

I hope this all helps and have my FX for you!! ((hugs)) 

Love multiplies it doesn't divide!!
    <a href="http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae238/MaMaSiBs/?action=view
  • Mine stayed pretty light for the first week or so and then got a bit darker around 15 dpo (so probably around 200 hCG). I tested yesterday (20 DPO, 1686 hCG) and the test and control lines were equally dark for the first time.
    DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • It takes a while for the test line to get as dark as the control on wondfo.  My first positives were so faint you could just see where the second line was supposed to be. 

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imageadoruhbul:

I've tested 5 times a day every day for all 4 of my losses and now my 5th pregnancy.  Here is what I can tell you.

Your test looks fine!  The bottom one is looking like about 90ish in hCG level, the one above it is looking like 100ish in hCG level.  Here is the problem with Wondfo's, they ALL have different ink amounts with them.  Only compare a dry to a dry, and if the dry control lines are not the same line, do not take the test to heart.  Here's the other thing about hCG, as you may know, it takes 48-72 hours for that number to double.  The line shouldn't really be noticeably more darker than the last test until 2 or 3 days later!  The test lines becomes as dark as the control line at exactly 1200.  At the 3000+ level the control line becomes as light as the faintest BFP you've ever seen and the line is as dark as the control line.

Here is the best way to check if it's getting darker without even comparing the lines!  Take a stop watch or use your smartphones stop watch.  Dip your pee stick in the urine and immediately start the time.  Stop the stop watch exactly when the second line appears.  That is your standing time.  Every day your standing time on the test should become shorter or stay the same, until it maxes out and can't get any faster.  This method is the best for dealing with hCG under 1200.  After 1200 line comparing is the only thing that works unfortunately.

Yes I know the fact I know all of this is really bad :(.  Yes, I can tell by sight alone how much your beta will be based on a line....it's sad I know :(

Wow! That's some good info :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"