June 2012 Moms

just started crying on the toilet... tmi?

so I haven't pooped in a few days, i drank some coffee this morning and was getting excited because i knew i'd be having a bm soon.  Oh-My-God.... this was the most painful poop i've ever had-  it was so hard and i had to push so hard that my nose actually started bleeding--  i looked down and it was wider than a pop can- it looked like a short,fat hockey puck  :(

i immediately took a stool softener-  what else can i do?  this needs to NOT happen again!!

Re: just started crying on the toilet... tmi?

• It happens to most of us dear.  I am suffering now myself.  Doc just told me take some Iron pills to get ready for birth.  So I am even more feeling the blues.  However, my aunt gave me some raisins today and told me to keep drinking water.  If you have a nurse hotline at your doctor's office, call them and see what they suggest.  
  • You are not alone. That happened to me early in my pregnancy and I ended up with multiple bruises on my thighs from squeezing them out of pain. I have no words of advice, just wanted to let you know you're not alone and I'm sorry it happened!

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Were you taking the stool softener regularly or did you just start it today?  As constipated as us pregnant ladies get it often works best to take a stool softener daily, so you don't get so backed up.
  • I am sorry for this, but LMAO. Thank you for that on a Monday - hope your tushy is feeling better.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in the same boat. Kill me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We've probably all been there.  Colace every day is your friend.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If I go more than 24 hrs without pooping, I start to panic because I know it's going to be painful.  My body is just not meant to be constipated. 

What works for me is shredded wheat for breakfast, raisins for afternoon snack, as much fiber as possible at each meal, and--the kicker--prunes before bed.   Lots of water.  If I waver from this regimen, I have problems.  I am not excited about eating this stuff for 10 more weeks, but it gets the job done.

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • I've been on once-daily colace since week 12. There is no need to go through that. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Right there with you girl! I had this same thing happen on Saturday...OMG! It hurt so bad..I guess the only thing we can do it drink lots of water and take lots of fiber. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry this made me LOL too...I've been there...it sucks!

I take shots of prune juice every time I go into the kitchen...which is more and more frequent these days as I'm always starving and scavenging for something to eat.  Hope it gets better! 

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• i had a bottle of stool softeners laying around but i had never taken them before-  over the past week or so pooping has been a bit more of a chore but today was unreal!  Those of you who take a stool softener regularly, do you just take one at night?  I'm going to be adding these to my vitamin pile stat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"