April 2012 Moms

I had no idea that colostrum was bright yellow

Indifferent

The stuff that has been coming out of my boobs up until now has been clear to faintly milky, but last night, I had some that was for sure YELL-O. I had to google to make sure it was supposed to be that color. lol

Re: I had no idea that colostrum was bright yellow

• Hmm, mine wasn't yellow until I had my DS's. Think it's a labor sign?? Grasping for straws for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Hehe liquid gooold (said in the Velveeta blacksmith guy voice)
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Loading the player...
  • It can switch back and forth, mine has. I had yellow a couple weeks ago and no labor signs and now its mostly back to clear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did the same thing the first time I saw it! I leaked it early on and I was terrified I had some kind of infection. Nope, just some liquid gold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagegisa886:
    Hehe liquid gooold (said in the Velveeta blacksmith guy voice)

Exactly! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageHarper'smom:

imagegisa886:
    Hehe liquid gooold (said in the Velveeta blacksmith guy voice)

Exactly! 

That guy creeps me the heck out!  LOL!

imageimage

• yea thank god my SIL told me that- cause i would have freaked if i didnt know-

my outside baby is a week old today and my milk finally came in yesterday- but the colostrum was yellowish some days and clear other days for the first week.

• I was expecting it to be gold, but I leaked some the other day and it looked dis.gus.ting.  I didn't realize how kind of thick and nasty it would be...not like the milky leaks I've had before.  
  • Our baby class called it "liquid gold". 

• I thought the "liquid gold" was just because it was so precious! lol. The class I took just covered labor and delivery, and we didn't talk about it.
  • The lactation consultant that taught the breastfeeding class I went to at my hospital said that she recently had a mother that had cantaloupe/light orange colored colostrum and it was "beautiful". She was so amazed by it, ha.
  • Mine is yellow/orange sometimes and it kind of freaked me out too!
  • I still don't have anything at all! Starting to feel like a freak...Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"