December 2011 Moms
Options

Any tips on getting a belly laugh?

I'm desperate to hear that first belly laugh. I make a fool out of myself on a daily basis to get a giggle but it just isn't working. C will give me huge smiles and chuckle a little but not a real laugh.

I've tried everything I can think of from tickling every part of her body to raspberries to silly faces to scaring her and so on.

What's the trick that I'm missing?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
imageimageimage

Re: Any tips on getting a belly laugh?

• Options
    My DS loves it when I fake laugh at him. I sound ridiculous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we got our first today.  i wouldn't call them a belly laugh, persay, more like continuous giggles, but we'll take it.  DH was just randomly poking her stomach and making little pokey sounds and she started giggling...so i busted out the camera and recorded it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got our first belly laugh today too - I was kissing her neck repeatedly and quickly. It was so cute, and we were able to get it on video too. She has chuckled or quietly laughed but nothing like this! It was AWESOME.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Try fake sneezes! My little cousin struggles verbally and didn't laugh for 8ish months, until his aunt 'sneezed' at him. She tried it last week on my DS and it worked for him too, and now there is all kinds of 'sneezing' going on at my house lol. DS also likes it when we blow raspberries on his belly. 

I know what you mean about trying every trick - before DS started really laughing (just recently) I'd look up YouTube videos of laughing babies and try whatever was making them laugh... yeah, it never worked!

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Options
    If I put DS on both my knees facing me and bounce him up and down while talking to him he'll get excited and wound and usually giggles wildly. It's really cute. So far that's been the only thing that gets him to do it though. Otherwise it's just smiles and coos. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We still haven't gotten a real belly laugh, but we were close today. DH had him on our bed and was pushing on the bed to bounce him, he gave a few little chuckles that were so cute.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    Only works for DH. He claps the babies hands together and yells "YAY Lukey Luke" over and over and he cracks up hysterically. 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options
    We've only got a handful. The first was at the baby Einstein puppets. Next, funy noises daddy makes (but it never works a 2nd time). And yesterday he laughed so hard at the dog for some reason. He's never laughed at her before. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • Options
    we have yet to hear a giggle even :( he squeals when he gets excited instead of giggling/laughing.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    We've gotten her to do a real laugh playing peekaboo and, of all things, wiping spit up off her chin. Our dogs playing with each other have gotten the most giggles out of her. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"