January 2011 Moms
Options

Another basket ?

Who is the Easter basket from? Is it from the Easter bunny or the parents? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another basket ?

• Options
    Easter bunny!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I always thought it was from the bunny.  But, other people in the family have gotten him baskets too.  So, are mommy and daddy just cheap azzs?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think when I was really little it was from the Easter bunny and a small one from my parents.  I'm not sure how we're going to work it yet though.  It's from the bunny this year even though she'll have no idea what I'm talking about anyways.
  • Options

imageMrsHollywood1023:
    I think when I was really little it was from the Easter bunny and a small one from my parents.  I'm not sure how we're going to work it yet though.  It's from the bunny this year even though she'll have no idea what I'm talking about anyways.

That's what my parents did too, big from the bunny, small from mom and dad. My grandparents got us Easter baskets as well, so I think my parents thought that they would look cheap too :)

Maybe next year we'll do bunny and parent baskets, but right now the kids don't know the difference. 

• Options
    I have no idea!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Easter Bunny. I'll look cheap, that's ok. I never remember knowing/caring that I didn't get a separate one from my parents but got ones from other people.

JT has already received 4 and it's not even Easter yet. There is something to be said for the awesomeness that is being the first child/grandchild/great-grandchild.

If any of you had the privilege of being "that kid" (I was one ;) then you know what I mean! 

• Options
    We talked to the family, and if people want to give her Easter stuff, they give it to us in advance and it all comes 'from the bunny.'  I don't think there's any intrinsic value in identifying that this or that specific piece of plastic came from grandma A or auntie X.  The one exception being things handmade for her.
  • Options
    imagebroccolitree:
    We talked to the family, and if people want to give her Easter stuff, they give it to us in advance and it all comes 'from the bunny.'  I don't think there's any intrinsic value in identifying that this or that specific piece of plastic came from grandma A or auntie X.  The one exception being things handmade for her.
    Don't those people want to see the delight in her face when they give her their gifts?
  • Options

Most of my family lives far away so she'd be getting Easter stuff in June at the earliest, heh.  We video & take lots of pictures anyway so it's not like we're totally freezing them out.  And I don't take issue with one or two, "I was thinking about you so here's an Easter-themed toy" gifting, either.  But a whole other basket is really excessive, imo.

• Options

Us. Our kiddos are too young to understand Easter Bunny and Santa yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"