3rd Trimester
Options

baby's head low and cervix started to thin out

Just had a checkup and this is what the doctor said. He said most likely I will go early... def not next week, but maybe a week early. I was 7 weeks early myself... so part of me did expect to go a bit early. Does anyone else have experience with baby being low and a thinning out cervix and then how long it was until labor? Just curious..
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby's head low and cervix started to thin out

• Options
    I have started to efface and was 1cm this morning....my doctor even remarked how low my baby's head was. She said it didn't mean anything......
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just checked this morning, I am 70% effaced and baby is very low, really doesn't mean much. Women can be 90% effaced and 3cm dilated for weeks without going into labor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Here where everyone is different dust comes in, lol.

With #2 I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced at 35 weeks. I was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced at 38 weeks at a zero station.

She was low, VERY low. I had to go in for a growth ultrasound  at 36 1/2 weeks and the tech couldn't even measure her head because my pubic bone was in the way. She came out with a bald spot on the front of her head from rubbing on my pubic bone.

She was born at 39 weeks 1 day.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I should also comment #1 was born at 30 weeks and that the Dr. didn't think I'd even make it to Sept. with #2. She was born on Sept 8th...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagethefarmchick:

I should also comment #1 was born at 30 weeks and that the Dr. didn't think I'd even make it to Sept. with #2. She was born on Sept 8th...

You have made me feel better. My dad isn't getting here until 3 days before my due date...and I want both of my parents here for the birth. This morning I got a little freaked because the doctor was amazed at how low the head was...but she reassured me it doesn't mean anything...and I have further reassurance now! Whew! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone is different, I was check @ 36 and my cervix was thin and I was 1cm and nothing has changed since. I have also have two trips to L & D for false labor. According to my doc she can not induce me because I had a pervious CSection. I hope all goes well for u.
  • Options

I was 80-90% effaced, 3cm and DS was low at 36wks and the doctor told me he'd be shocked if I made it to my due date.... tons of BH and no change for weeks.  Even when I did go into labor on DS's due date the contractions were not productive and they gave me pitocin as the contractions were already so strong but I wasn't changing from 3cm. 

It drove me crazy going every week to the doctor and he was telling me each time that it would be any day.  Don't let them drive you crazy :)    Baby will be here when baby is ready :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hahah okay now reading all of these has brought me back to earth! Guess we'll see what the case is at my next appt on thursday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"