Military Families

Embarrassing Pregnancy Accidents How did Hubby react?

Last night we went out to dinner and on the way home I got hit with some serious stomach pain and the need to use the restroom. I kept telling my husband to hurry and he thought I was joking apparently and told me to quit yelling at him. When we FINALLY made it home I sat down to go to the bathroom and found myself throwing up everywhere. My husband said ewwww got me a bucket and went to play video games leaving me to clean up everything myself. How did your husband react? Mine needs to learn how to be a little more caring lol

Re: Embarrassing Pregnancy Accidents How did Hubby react?

• I am so sorry you were sick, and I am glad you could make it home!

My hubby would have stayed with me. He hates to see me sick, and I would have had a steady supply of water, cold rags, and clean buckets...

Maybe your hubby needs to be a litle more sensitive, but it can also be hard for some people, (not just men) to deal with illness. :o)

Hope your feeling better soon....

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• He left you to play video games?! And you had to clean up after yourself while still ill because you're carrying his baby?!

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was pg with the twins, I tried to clean up some cat puke.  That, in turn, made ME puke.  While I was puking in the kitchen sink, I was also peeing my pants.

Subsequently, I explained to DD (2.5 at the time) that everyone has accidents some times. 

He helped me clean everything up, and laughed with me when I was ready to laugh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Um, I'd be so pissed off at my husband I don't even know what to say. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageWishIcouldbeinthe'stan:

He left you to play video games?! And you had to clean up after yourself while still ill because you're carrying his baby?!

Hilarious gif!! So perfect!

In my first trimester when I was puking all day every day for 2 weeks straight my husband brought me water, held my hair, and rubbed my back while I puked. If he had done any less I probably would've been sobbing and puking at the same time. I really needed to feel the love at the time (still do).

Playing video games?! That would infuriate me to no end. And like mercedes I'd flip out on him. I'd make Carrie's freak out look downright calm and appropriate. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think he thought it was just really gross I'm not sure I could understand him not wanting to clean it  up but I have cleaned up his puke after a long night of him drinking at least 4 times.
  • Thank you I am feeling much better now but certain smells and food do trigger it worse than I expected
  • I never had this issue (other then sleep walking which DH still brings up from time to time) but your husband leaving you to clean up your vomit so he can play video games is just uncalled for. You would think he would be sensitive to his wife, and I don't know...maybe take care of her. I mean, you ARE carrying his child.

I'm one of those tit for tat kind of girls though. If he thinks it is ok to not help me clean up then the next time he pukes he can damn well take care of it himself also.

Sorry your husband was an asshat in this situation and hopefully it isn't a pattern. I'd be talking to him about what he did and how it wasn't an ok reaction.

• On a Friday night I had just returned home from a church dinner and went straight to bed.  DH had just bought groceries and wanted help putting them away.  I explained that if I did, I'd surely puke.  He got angry so I put two things away and promptly ran to the bathroom to puke, then went to bed.  He had his tail between his legs the next day!!!
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • OP if I were in your shoes I wouldn't be mad at my husband only because if he stayed any longer than that he would have been joining me. We try to keep trash cans in the bathroom empty or close to just for this reason.  

Now if it were the kids he is fine, its kind of weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Aim your vomit at his xbox/playstation next time.

Maybe then he will get it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh I hope you throw up on him next time! I went through something similar only my DH knew I was serious and even offered to hold my hair back.
  • I had severe morning sickness with each of my kids. I had times when I didn't make it to the bathroom. DH would follow me, hold my hair, and then clean up the mess. He never even blinked. It was a given. I was carrying his child and could barely function. He felt like the least he could do was clean up my puke.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageGismo123:
    Oh I hope you throw up on him next time! I went through something similar only my DH knew I was serious and even offered to hold my hair back.

I second this idea!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Funny thing about video games... Sometimes they go missing...

Ps. I'm lucky my hubby was wonderful.  

• Whenever I get sick MH rubs my back, holds my hair and wipes my face. He knows if he left me by myself to play his guitar or something he'd be a dead man.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"