January 2011 Moms
Options

CP Place settings

15 for dinner, I have 8 pieces of nice china, and the rest are regular damask print dinner dishes. [Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CP Place settings

• Options
    I am all about keeping things easy - nice paper plates would be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thats what I was leaning towards.

Also, your siggy always makes me want to go to Kohls. lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted paper plates. I'm lazy and dishes suck.
  • Options

I would have voted borrowing China from your sister, but if you don't have a dishwasher than F that. You can get really pretty paper plates too at a party store or even Walmart with an Easter theme. 

I don't even have nice China, my mom talked me out of it on my registry. She said I'll never use it and she was right I guess.

Also I feel your pressure. My mom has enough dishes to own her own store. She always makes beautiful table settings and has the most delicious meals.

When I have the inlaws over they think I'm over the top with my dishes and meals. When I have my family it's not enough. So if anyone was wondering why my inlaws were invited for Easter dinner there's your answer ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Does your china 'go' with your dinner plates at all?  I'd probably opt for real plates over paper, just because it's Easter (IME paper doesn't hold up well to scalloped potatoes!).  But if your damask is like, red and your china is yellow or something, I'd borrow.
  • Options
    chinette...FTW!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I voted to put out all of your own dishes just cause it's your first get together. I'd do paper/plastic for dessert.

However, every time I use real dishes I vow to go the paper/plastic route the next time (but never do!). Wayyyy easier! And really can be just as nice. I should remember this for next time ;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"