Special Needs

Brag day Friday ;)

This is a completely silly brag, but I am always reminded of how the littlest things can be so "big" to our kids (and really, any kid).

LA has figured out how to put on pants!  Might seem like a little thing, but she has been trying for months and just couldn't get it.  Yesterday, she had a "eureka" moment and now, it's like old hat to her.  I think she has taken every single pair of pants out of her dresser and put each one on about 100 times :)  She is so stinkin' proud of herself!

Now, if she could just figure out the "right way" to sleep in her new bed :)  Apparently she fell asleep in mid-escape!

Re: Brag day Friday ;)

• imageJustinlove:

This is a completely silly brag, but I am always reminded of how the littlest things can be so "big" to our kids (and really, any kid).

LA has figured out how to put on pants!  Might seem like a little thing, but she has been trying for months and just couldn't get it.  Yesterday, she had a "eureka" moment and now, it's like old hat to her.  I think she has taken every single pair of pants out of her dresser and put each one on about 100 times :)  She is so stinkin' proud of herself!

Now, if she could just figure out the "right way" to sleep in her new bed :)  Apparently she fell asleep in mid-escape!

That's so awesome. and I'm so jealous of the fact that she's atleast in her room lol

This is probably going to sound stupid but when are kids supposed to start being interested in dressing themselves?   

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• That picture is insanely cute.

Totally jealous that LA is in a toddler bed already.  I don't think that would go well with DS if we tried just now.  

Like realisticdreams, I'm also curious - when are they supposed to get interested in dressing themselves.  DS helps but doesn't do it himself.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagerealisticdreams:

That's so awesome. and I'm so jealous of the fact that she's atleast in her room lol

This is probably going to sound stupid but when are kids supposed to start being interested in dressing themselves?   

She has a gate at the door to "help" her stay in her room :)

I'm not really sure when they are supposed to be able to dress on their own.  I know it is before 3 though since it will be one of her self-help goals on her IEP.  If I remember, I'll ask our SN preschool teacher on Monday (the advantages of having her room right across the hall from mine!)

• That picture is awesome!

As for INTEREST in dressing themselves I'm going to say somewhere in the 2yr old range but I really don't know.

And we are switching DS2 to a toddler bed in a couple of weeks. I'm actually nervous for this transition. How did LA adjust going from crib to toddler bed?

• She is doing "ok" with it.  We do have her door gated so if she gets up, she can't leave the room.  Some nights are better than others ;)
  • When we had ds's 3 yr well check they asked if he was attempting to put clothes on, and they said by 3 they should me making some sort of an attempt to put on shirt, pants, socks or shoes, they don't have to get it right. Ds is very good at taking his clothes off but his attempts to put them back on are pretty funny!

It took my ds awhile to get used to sleeping in the toddler bed, he fell asleep everywhere but in the bed for weeks! We even found him in his laundry basket one evening, lol!

• That is such a cute picture!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah for Pants!

...and that picture slays me!......LOL.......Too.Damn.Cute!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"