Preemies
Options

time to make the donuts...

i feel like i just finish pumping and sit down and it's time to go again... anyone else feel like a cow who just makes milk and gets nothing else done all day??? my baby is still in the NICU so hopefully once she comes home and i'm BF it will get better since i'll be bonding with her instead of just sitting here with flanges on my boobs!
Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: time to make the donuts...

• Options
    yup. I try to do it every 2-3 hours. but I am always surprised when time flies by and I need to pump again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Haha, awh, I'm sorry! I've been there - the only thing is, once you have LO home you'll just be BF'ing non-stop, but that's much better than pumping :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used to say this exactly!  I EP'd for DD for one year, and DS for 9 mo.  I never really felt like my life was my own during this time.  Once my supply was solid, I could sleep through the night and then start another day of milking.  Every bit of your milk is a gift, so you are doing good work, mama!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageurbanflowerpot:
    Haha, awh, I'm sorry! I've been there - the only thing is, once you have LO home you'll just be BF'ing non-stop, but that's much better than pumping :)

yes i'm definitely excited for when she comes home, so at least all that time is spent looking at her!  plus cutting out the 4-5 hours i spend going to the hospital every day (it's ~ an hour away) will be a huge improvement in my daily schedule!

Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageDenesdia:
    I used to say this exactly!  I EP'd for DD for one year, and DS for 9 mo.  I never really felt like my life was my own during this time.  Once my supply was solid, I could sleep through the night and then start another day of milking.  Every bit of your milk is a gift, so you are doing good work, mama!

omg it's good to know there's a chance of sleeping through the nite again while pumping - last nite i was so excited that i slept for 4 WHOLE HOURS !! even 3 hours in a row is usually cause for celebration these days!  i'm pretty psyched that the NICU said they usually get the babies on a 4-hr feeding schedule before they go home - that would be a dream! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"