Nurseries and Baby Gear

aden and anais - worth it?

DD is almost 3 months, and we are trying to transition from the newborn napper of the pnp to the big part, in preparation for eventually transitioning to her crib.  She sleeps fine in a crib at daycare, but when I put her down at home she wakes right back up and doesn't like it.  Daycare said they swaddle her, but when I try with our receiving blankets at home 1)they don't seem long enough and she breaks out and 2)they are all flannel and she feels hot to me. 

Do the aden and anais make that big a difference? Or any other blankets you'd recommend trying? Any thoughts on the miracle blanket or sleep sack are welcome as well.  Thanks!

imageimage

Re: aden and anais - worth it?

• 27JB27JB member
    I would say yes! DD is 5 months old now and still sleeps longer when she's swaddled. She's a big girl so receiving blankets don't work for her and she's also a warm baby so the light material of the A + A blankets is really nice! We were given one as a gift and it's hard to figure out when we can wash it now so I'm on the hunt for another one!
  • LOVE A&A blankets and sleep sacs. When DS was stronger and would break out of the A&A, we got the Miracle Blanket.

While the MB gave us many nights of great sleep, it was very difficult to break the swaddle because it's so good.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • SwaddleMe worked really well for us but I did buy a set of A&A to try this time around too.  They have some on BabySteals today but you have to buy now before they sell out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Be sure you get the Aden & Anais swaddles that are 47 x 47. There are some cheaper versions (like the ones for Target) that are a little smaller, and thus may not be as useful for swaddling (or your baby may grow out of them faster).

I haven't used any on our LO yet (since she's still marinating in my belly), but I have purchased some, and really like the look and feel. The muslin material looks like it will be really great especially for warmer weather.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Yes, I still love my a+a blankets and we didn't swaddle very long. They're on Babysteals today, btw. https://babysteals.stealnetwork.com/
    DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • I love them.  I think they are worth it.  They are so versatile.  We swaddled our baby with the A&A blankets for the first 4ish months.  We still use the blankets (at 11 months) on the go for all sorts of purposes.

As a swaddler, they are great and lightweight for summer time. 

• We use the Miracle Blanket and it's totally worth it! It makes swaddling so much easier and there is no way for LO to get arms out. I recommend it to all my friends and now buy them as shower gifts. Be sure to watch the video on their website to learn how to use it correctly.

• the A+A blankets are worth it, for sure.

BUT...our most success with DD being swaddled for sleep was the Miracle Blanket.  We LOVED that thing so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved A&A blankets- but never used for swaddling.  At almost 2 years old, I still use these for sitting on outside, laying in pack n play when we travel, and coverage in stroller.  LOVE them.  The Miracle Blanket is amazing, but since your LO is almost 3 mo old, may be a little late.  We only swaddled my son for about 3.5 mo past his due date.  I know some swaddle longer though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It depends on if LO likes to be swaddled or not. My 1st baby did it for the 3 mos (Aden & Anais), but my 2nd only liked it for about a month, if that. They were definitely worth it for the first few months of both babies. We will definitely use it for the 3rd one.The Miracle Blanket did not work for us and even though we had a sleep sack, we never used it. If I remember correctly, I think our pedi said that babies shouldn't be swaddled much more than 3 mos so they wouldn't get hip dysplagia. Not exactly sure because we stopped shortly after 3 mos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the A&A everyday.  It took me a while to swaddle very well though and DD still busts out of it most of the time if I lay her down in it, but they are awesome to use to wrap her up during the day (not swaddled). I'm pretty cheap and have not regretted them once. 

I also LOVE the MB. That's what we swaddle in at night because she can't bust out and it's easy to leave her legs out so that I can strap her in the swing.

Even in regular swaddles you don't have to wrap the legs up so you don't have to worry about hip problems.  It's the flailing arms that bother them. 

• Skip the blankets and get something like a SwaddleMe or Miracle Blanket where you can velcro them in.  That is the only way we were able to get it tight enough and so she would stay swaddled.  And she slept SO much better swaddled.  Definitely worth trying!

Once she could roll over, we switched from the SwaddleMe to a sleep sack, which she still sleeps in now at 18 months. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"