Food Allergy

Milk protein allergy. Nutramigen vs Alimentum

Hi Ladies,

My little girl's Dr. thinks she has a milk protein allergy and recommended we give her nutramigen or alimentum.  She had a sample of Enfamil Nutramigen, so that's what we started her on.  I'm wondering if maybe the Similac Alimentum is better.  It seems like she spits up the nutramigen a lot.  Any ladies have experience with both formulas, and did your baby do better on one vs. the other?  Thank you. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Milk protein allergy. Nutramigen vs Alimentum

• Hi,

My dd was on both formulas but we ended up switching from Nutramigen  to Alimentum and she stayed on Alimentum without any problems until she was 15 mos old.She also spit up a lot when on the Nutramigen, not to mention for whatever reason she just didn't seem to like it. Hope this helps.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we only tried alimentum & it didn't work for our little one. it still has casein in it which she couldn't handle. we had to go on neocate. she did seem to like it though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried both, but the alimentum smelled like dog food, so i stuck with nutramigen, and it has worked for us.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our baby did better on Alimentum. The pedi told me the Nutramigen has a fishy taste to it so many babies prefer Alimentum. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our daughter is on Neocate now (Alimentum & Nutramigen still gave her bloody stools), but it definitely seemed like she preferred the taste of Alimentum over Nutramigen.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • DD has been on Elecare, Alimentum, and Nutramigen. Nutramigen worked the best for us.

For the most part it is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. There are some slight differences, but they are pretty similar.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS was having constant mucousy bm after each feeding on Nutramigen. We're talking lots of poop, and he was constantly hungry because of it. We just switched to Alimentum today, and he definitely prefers the taste over Nutramigen. I'm waiting to see if it improves his diaper situation, and so far so good. I'm hesitent to say that his facial rash (eczema) is also looking a little bit better.

Lachlan
    born March 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"