July 2012 Moms

19 inch long newborn?

So my house is flooding... And I'm sitting here watching my husband and his brother attempt to fix it (fingers crossed)...  Excellent news considering we just moved in February 1st.  Anyway, I saw a tape measure in his tool box and stretched it out to 19 inches (a pretty common length for a newborn)  and it is much longer than I expected.  Do they go from finger tip to toe tip or what?  sheesh...

Re: 19 inch long newborn?

• I think I remember in our maternity nursing rotation measuring from the top of the head to the heel of the foot...but remember newborns are often pulling their knees up and appearing smaller! :) All the nurses I observed stretched the baby out and measured with straight knees (by making two marks on a piece of paper and measuring that instead of trying to deal with a squirmy newborn haha)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's from the heel to the top of the head with legs stretched out.  Much easier to do if you mark on the paper/blanket then measure the distance than trying to do it with a squirmy baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD was 21". It was crazy, but their kinda tucked in a gown or clothes do I didn't really notice her length that much.
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • Top of the head to the heel. DD was 21.5 inches - my tall girl ;-)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Top of the head to the heel. DD was 21.5 inches - my tall girl ;-)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • My DD was 22 1/2 at birth, pretty long!  She is still in the 97%ile for height (75th for weight), and wears a 3T in pants at 23 months. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • from head to heel (same as you would measure yourself standing) my DD and DS were both in the 20-21 inch mark...believe me it still seems small when you are holding them
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"