Success after IF
Options

Boy names are so frickin' hard.

I've got nothing.  With Miles we just kind of randomly thought of his name.  So we don't really have a "go-to" list for boys.  Girl, I think, is settled.  But for a boy we've got nothing.  I feel like such an idiot.  People ask "Have you guys thought about names?"  Uhm yes...but we can't think of jack if it's a boy.  (No, we're not going to use Jack. haha.)

Any suggestions of names you like?  Miles is "Miles Brady".  I like Cooper, but I don't feel like it's original enough and could be so easily made fun of using the word "poop".  So we like original, yet classic.  Does that make sense?  Names that aren't used often, but are old, classic names.  Like Miles.  Big Smile

I like Jones, like Mousey's little guy...but I don't know if DH would go for it since we had a dog named Jonesy.  Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Boy names are so frickin' hard.

• Options

We were in the same boat so we were super relieved to find out we were having a girl. We chose our girl name in, literally, two minutes.

How about Anderson? It's classic but not too common.

Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!
  • Options

I agree with boys names.  We had one that we 100% agreed on and it was Ben and at the time we had a dog named Ben and my ILS have a dog named Ben. Seriously, he would have been named after the dogs.  Sad.  We also loved Tucker.  We were afraid of the teasing since Tucker rhymes with the F word. 

My cousin's second child was going to be Cooper until "she" was born (Sadie). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ha!  can I tell you a "secret"?  Our oldest cat, Cleo, has a "full name"...and its Cleopatra Jones Jr.  No idea where it came from...but needless to say, we dropped the "Jones" part completely when we decided to name DS Jones...ha!  shhh...don't tell anyone Wink

Other names that popped into my head as being in the same vein as Miles:

Simon

Owen

Felix

and just for fun, a few more that I've been writing down recently:

Vaughn

Drake

Hayes

Roan

Levi

Graham

Hendrix

• Options
    imageMouseygail:

ha!  can I tell you a "secret"?  Our oldest cat, Cleo, has a "full name"...and its Cleopatra Jones Jr.  No idea where it came from...but needless to say, we dropped the "Jones" part completely when we decided to name DS Jones...ha!  shhh...don't tell anyone Wink

Other names that popped into my head as being in the same vein as Miles:

Simon - Love it.

Owen - Love it, but there was a turd-head kid at Miles' school and it put a bad taste in my mouth.

Felix - I kind of like this one...not sure if I could get DH on board.

and just for fun, a few more that I've been writing down recently:

Vaughn

Drake

Hayes

Roan

Levi

Graham

Hendrix

And I do like Anderson.  That's an excellent suggestion.  Very classic and not used very much.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We have had such a hard time with boy names too!!!  Here are some I like that might fit your criteria

Andrew, Jonah, Micah, Reid, Oliver, Jude, Wesley, Jeremy, Hudson, Keith, Keaton, Ian, Jared, Isaac

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    imageCHI-06:

We have had such a hard time with boy names too!!!  Here are some I like that might fit your criteria

Andrew, Jonah, Micah, Reid, Oliver, Jude, Wesley, Jeremy, Hudson, Keith, Keaton, Ian, Jared, Isaac

I love Oliver.  I mentioned it to DH once and he kind of turned his nose up at it...but he does that with most of them at first.  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If this baby was a boy we would have named him Dawson.  I love it, not to crazy but not every kid has the name.
  • Options

I may not be the best one to take advice from seeing as how I am having a boy in 9 weeks and have no name...but

What about Cecil after your dad?  I love that name.  My parents have a good friend with that name who was an amazing surfer when he was young.  I grew up calling him Mr. Cecil and thinking he was the coolest man ever.  I think it is very classic.

• Options

We are having a hard time too!! By this time with Katie we knew her name since Kathyrn was the only name with both loved!! This time we have a list of names we both like but nothing we are ready to commit too. We have different top choices which is conflicting us.  We have one name with both really like but I think it is getting rulled out due to a nickname issue!!!  I hope we can think of something in the next 16 weeks!!!!

• Options
    I'm partial to Sullivan.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    How about Carter? I think that sounds nice and complements Miles.
  • Options

Boy names are hard!  We had our girl name picked out plus some others for good measure fast.  We will still use our #1 girls name it if this one's a girl. 

Conor was going to be Hayden until literally 4 days before I had him.  DH came home and suggested Conor at the last minute and it stuck.  We also liked Carter, Beckett, Logan and Alex.

Other names: Asher, Luke, Nick, Drew.

I think we'll start from scratch on boys names this time around.  So frustrating!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

I agree.....boy names are hard. ALL of my friends have boys and DH's family is all boys (DD was the first girl since 1861 in his immediate lineage....not kidding!). That being said, here are is a long list of boy names that I think are "classic" 

Jack

Brooks

Jacob

Andrew

Benjamin

Matthew

Connor

Chase-My FAV! Couldn't use it because our friends had a Chase 9 months after we had DS1.

Carson

Carter

Evan

Kellen

Aiden

Max

Ethan

Cooper

Mason

GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, I am totally opposite!  Like lots of girl names, but not love.  Have lots of fave boys:  Christopher, Benjamin, Thomas,  Alexander, Anthony, Andrew....all have shortened/nicknames which I love.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ha. We are the opposite. We had about 20 names for boys picked out and none for girls. There is literally nothing I like that hasn't been "overdone" (IMO). Thankfully, we have two boys :)
  • Options
    For a girl we got nothing! Boy name is rock solid:)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wade, Seth, Wyatt, Tyler, Henry

I also really like Anderson.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love the suggestion of Cecil. Not sure if that's still too hard for you, but I think it would be an adorable name for a little kid and a great name to have as an adult. Also love Mousey's suggestion of Simon. I think both names sound very nice alongside Miles!
    After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I love, love Oliver!

You have tons of great suggestions in this post though.

P.S. Is your girl name a secret or will you share?! I'm dying to know now!

• Options

We might have very similar tastes, miles was in my top 5 and obviously we went with Simon.  My other top was Elliot.

Have you checked nymbler.com?  You can put in name you like but ruled out and they give you suggestions.

• Options
    How about George, Henry, Louis, Frederick, Amos?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    m/c August 2007 - Blighted Ovum
    Sean - Our IUI/Injectable miracle born Oct. 5, 2008.
    Liam - Our second miracle born July 16, 2010
  • Options
    Could not agree more we had trouble both times
  • Options

I feel like I was in your exact same shoes in terms of classic name that isn't used too often (and I feel like there are a lot of us in our generation aiming for that which will mean our "uniques" aren't really that unique for the kids, you know?)

That said (in addition to Miles... ha) our top names were:

Spencer

Dean

Preston

Tyler
    Conor

Elliot

Simon 

Alexander

I also loved Benjamin (our dog is Ben though) and Oliver (DH HATED it)

We didn't chose until they had to discharge us... I was convinced I would know by the looks of him... I didn't  HA!  But am happy with where we landed (Spencer!)

Our IVF Miracle Arrived 2.26.11! <a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/KikiGee/?action=view
  • Options

I'm not sure that these are classic names but my favorite names that are the top of my list if we have another boy someday are Jude and Callum (Cal).  They aren't very common but not weird (IMO). 

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I suppose it's a trend right now (grrrr!), but I'vealso as been a fan of first names that sound like last names.  Like Anderson and Jones.  ;). My DS is Davis.  Along those same lines are Brooks, Ellis, Russell, Griffin/ Griffith, Tucker...
  • Options

With your last name & miles as a sub set, I love the suggestions of Anderson, Simon & graham. I nannied for the cutest sweetest brothers named graham & miles! 

I will also throw into the mix:  Alexander,

ethan

Evan

Eli

Mitchelll

Your maiden name

Connor

Ian

Pierce

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am partial to Malachi :) Classic but not common at all. Other names we seriously considered were Caleb and Isaac.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

We had a million girl names and no boy names, so I had three boys :)

Mine are Owen, Marshall and Grant.  Miles and Henry were on our list.  M was almost Reed.  I really like Evan, but it was too close to Owen.  I was just looking at a family tree and liked Harrison. 

• Options

My friends boys are Carter, Bennett and Gibson.

I love the name Oliver.

Years ago my #1 boys name was Holden.

Good luck!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecbubbles2:

I love, love Oliver!

You have tons of great suggestions in this post though.

P.S. Is your girl name a secret or will you share?! I'm dying to know now!

Nope.  Not a secret.  It's not 100% official.  My DH plays his non-committal card until we know the sex.  :-)  Her name would be Elizabeth "Libby" Cecilia.  (After my SIL and my cousin who is essentially my sister and the MN is after my Dad "Cecil".)

And WOW!  You guys have so many great suggestions!  It's hard to imagine my maiden name as an actual name.  I guess because it's been a last name for me for so long.  I love Anderson, Amos, Sullivan, and Simon.  I think I could probably sell my DH on those.  I love Felix, but I think it's too quirky for him.  :-)  

You guys are awesome!  Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DS is Theodore - but we call him Teddy.  Definitely an old name, and not very common!  We liked it because if he decided he didn't want the nn Teddy any longer, he could choose another - Ted, Theo, etc.  
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"