Health & Exercise
Options

Need some running advice....

Hey all! I'm 22 weeks preggo (this is my first pregnancy) and next weekend I am running a half-marathon. I've been cleared by my doctor and all that good stuff. My only problem is that apparently someone has taken up residency on my bladder. Do any other active moms-to-be out there have any tips to help me get through the 13 miles?? Is there anything I can wear or do that would make this easier? I don't want to bail just because I feel like I have to pee all the time. I could really use some advice!

Re: Need some running advice....

• Options
    I honestly can't imagine anything that would help that problem, sorry!  I ran up to the day DS was born, but I basically stayed on the treadmill so I could stop for bathroom breaks or ran from bathroom to bathroom on the golf course.  You definitely don't want to be dehydrated for the race, so you really should be drinking a lot of fluids.  My best advice would be to find out where the port-o-potties are on the course and hope they have one every couple of miles.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Those races always have tons port-o-pottys throughout the course.  You may be stopping at each station, which will be inconvenient.  But you can do it! Good Luck!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am actually looking forward to the marathon I'm running because there will be port-o-potties along the way!  LOL   I have found though that when I'm out on a long run and have to go, if I distract myself the need to pee goes away a bit....  as usually my bladder isn't very full at all. 

Worse comes to worse you go in the woods or ask to use the bathroom at a business along the way if there are no port-o-potties.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    wear a body belt.  they sell them at babies r us.  keeps some of the support around your lower back and off your bladder.  I wore one every day when I was pregnant and helps you get your abs back afterwards. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"