Two Under 2

Anyone have experience w Joovy Scooterx2?

We need to bite the bullet and get a double and I originally was looking at a BJCM but the price tag has me hesitating. 
image        image

Re: Anyone have experience w Joovy Scooterx2?

• Ok, so I wanted to see how it folded up (I drive a little Kia, not sure it will fit in my trunk) and I saw this review video, in case anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmlhvfhEgZE 

image        image
  • I checked it out at Buy Buy Baby; it weighs about a million pounds and does not fold up compactly at all. It would never fit in a normal sedan trunk IMO. It seems like a great stroller when it's all set up, but did they not even consider transporting it?
    We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJennJenn613:
    I checked it out at Buy Buy Baby; it weighs about a million pounds and does not fold up compactly at all. It would never fit in a normal sedan trunk IMO. It seems like a great stroller when it's all set up, but did they not even consider transporting it?
    thanks for the feedback! None of the stores around me carry it, so I would be buying it blind. 
    image        image
  • imageintheflowers:

imageJennJenn613:
    I checked it out at Buy Buy Baby; it weighs about a million pounds and does not fold up compactly at all. It would never fit in a normal sedan trunk IMO. It seems like a great stroller when it's all set up, but did they not even consider transporting it?

Hm, the reviews on amazon say it fits in a sedan. The Joovy Zoom doesn't really fold up compactly either but I didn't expect much of a jogger. 

I'm also curious about the weight. I wish I could try it out in person. It's 28lbs, which is only 2lbs heavier than the City Mini and that's considered lightweight for a double. Maybe I will have to make the 2 hour drive to Buy Buy Baby. 

The guy at BBB told me to watch out for weights on product pages... often they are the "base" weight, not including the canopy, basket, etc. The shipping weight for the X2 on Amazon is 37 lbs. and I guarantee that is not all cardboard box. There is no way it is only 2 lbs. heavier than the BJCMD, no way! I could barely even lift the X2 AT ALL.

We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"