May 2012 Moms

Thank you's from shower...

So, I am writing my thank you's from my shower this weekend, 4 down... about 25 to go... and my hand already is starting to hurt lol... I am so used to typing everything these days... totally not used to writing haha!

Who has already gotten theirs done and sent out? I need inspiration!!! lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you's from shower...

• I had my shower this past weekend and ordered the thank you notes this morning. I plan on getting them all out by the end of next week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My shower was 3 weeks ago and I have BIG plans to do them tonight. I counted and I have 60+ to write so I have been dreading the hand cramps (although I super appreciate the wonderful gifts). In the meantime, I have already dfinished all the envelopes and have them ready to go with stamps, address labels & return address labels... 

one thing to keep in mind... when you create address labels for baby shower thank-yous, also do the ones for your birth announcements! I have these all printed and ready to go for when my little guy arrives and birth announcments are created... just a though.  :-) 

• Loading the player...
  • imageCMattus:

My shower was 3 weeks ago and I have BIG plans to do them tonight. I counted and I have 60+ to write so I have been dreading the hand cramps (although I super appreciate the wonderful gifts). In the meantime, I have already dfinished all the envelopes and have them ready to go with stamps, address labels & return address labels... 

one thing to keep in mind... when you create address labels for baby shower thank-yous, also do the ones for your birth announcements! I have these all printed and ready to go for when my little guy arrives and birth announcments are created... just a though.  :-) 

Oh, I don't envy you with how many you have!!!

for the envelopes, at the shower, when people signed the guest book, we had them write their address on them, so that is done already, and when H and I got married last November, we printed out return labels for those thank yous and we have tons left over, so I will be using those... (hehehe)

so now I guess I can't complain too much lol 

• My shower was March 25 and I whipped them out over the course of two nights the following week.  I hate having things like that hanging over my head! I had about 25 to do.  But I still have a lonnnnng way to go on the nursery if it makes anyone feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My shower was March 25 and I dropped them in the mailbox this afternoon.  I had 25 and they were sitting in my purse for 2 days because I kept forgetting to get stamps. 

My advice is to throw on a movie and write 3 or 4 at a time with breaks in between.  This is what i did and it helped avoid hand cramps. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My shower was the 17th and I finished mine yesterday.  They are all ready to be sent out!

• ElinJElinJ member

I wrote a bunch over the weekend as well.  My work threw us a surprise shower.  A lot of people chipped in money & signed a card and then two people went and bought things off the registry.  I had a handful of people who bought us things on their own.  With the way it's often done at work, I just write one thank you card and post it on our bulletin board.

So, I really didn't have that many cards to write, only about 12 or so.  I can't IMAGINE how many I write after the shower at my hometown church in two weeks! I have a feeling it will be a lot more than 12!  But that's a good problem to have I guess.  :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• My shower was Saturday and I wrote 10 yesterday, 10 today, and I'll probably finish up the last dozen or so tomorrow... I LOATHE thank you notes, but if I don't get them done now, I'll never get around to them.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • My shower was the 24th and my thank you notes were all done by Friday. I did 5 or 7 a night and just got them in the mail each day.  I like getting them done as soon as possible so I don't forget ha. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a work shower last Wednesday.  I'm trying to get 8-10 knocked out each night.  This isn't too overwhelming, and it will get them all out of the way before our family showers next weekend.  I can't imagine how many we'll have after those two showers, and I'll be almost out of time to write them.  Those are going to have to be cranked out faster than any I've ever written.  I'm with you on being used to typing everything!!!
  • Mine took about 4 hours. It was crazy! But I'm glad they are behind me. I wrote them all the day after the shower, but I'm obsessive like that and had to get it done.  

• I had 4 showers in a week, and it took me a week after the last one to get them all finished.  (2 family showers, 1 work shower, and my students threw a surprise shower for me... so granted the last shower didn't have a lot of gifts, but it was probably 50 ty notes all told).  I suggest giving yourself a reasonable quota of ty notes to write each day.  6 at a time seemed to be my max, so I did that in the evenings after work and then did a few batches over the weekends.  Not fun, but it is REALLY nice to be done.  Did that help?

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my shower on Sunday (bought the thank you cards from Target in preparation on Saturday) and did them yesterday and today! Got them addressed this afternoon and in the mail!!! I am so happy to have them all done :-)
    --Danielle :-)
  • imageblueshamrock7:
    I had my shower on Sunday (bought the thank you cards from Target in preparation on Saturday) and did them yesterday and today! Got them addressed this afternoon and in the mail!!! I am so happy to have them all done :-)

Oh yeah and I had I think 47 to do!

--Danielle :-)
  • My shower was the 24th and I just finished all of mine last night.  Had about 60 to write.  I just set myself a goal of doing 5 per night.  Some nights I'd get 5 done and do 5 more, but I felt like as long as I got 5 done that was an accomplishment.  Seems much more manageable when its done 5 at a time.  And I used much larger handwriting then I normally do Smile
  • I've had 3 showers, which I am very thankful for... but thank you notes were getting tiring!  I've got them for the first 2 done and sent (didn't want to get behind!!) but I still have the last one to do from this weekend.  The plan is to power through them this week.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• My shower was Saturday and I finished on Tuesday but I am lucky to have an office job that is slow this time of year, so I was able to do most of them at work on Monday and Tuesday. My hand kept cramping, too, and I kept taking breaks. I usually type everything, too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"