January 2011 Moms
Options

At what age?

Do you think you will stop using the baby monitor?

Switch to a bed instead of a crib?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: At what age?

• Options

I haven't used ours in well over 6 months. I only ever used it to shower while she was napping anyways... never at night.

I plan on keeping her contained as long as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We didn't use ours so much. Our rooms are right across the hall from each other so we just sleep with open doors. If we have people over we use it and close her door completely.

I plan on keeping her contained as long as possible. --> This.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you think you will stop using the baby monitor? We never used one.  Even with her door shut and our door shut we can still hear her if she wakes up.  I do have one if we go outside or I'm down in the basement working on a project.

Switch to a bed instead of a crib? This Aug/Sept. - preparing for LO#2.  Very nervous about the transition to bed.  If it's a complete fail, I'll probably cave and use the crib for a little longer.

• Options

Do you think you will stop using the baby monitor?   I haven't thought this far ahead - probably until he is 2ish.  The boys bedrooms are on the opposite end of the house and when I am sound asleep I don't here the little stuff without the monitor.

Switch to a bed instead of a crib?   I hope we'll hold off as long as possible.  Joshua shows no interest in climbing out of his crib.   Since the crib converts to a daybed we don't have to worry about timing any purchases to the swap.  We moved Justin to a bed at 22 months and it did not go really well.  He ended up always wanting to fall asleep with one of us in our bed and then we would move him when the other one wanted to come to bed or if one was gone he would just sleep with us.  This went on for years.  DH need not even think we are doing that again.

• Options
    Do you think you will stop using the baby monitor? It's hard to say.  It is next to impossible to hear her across the house though, so probably after she gets into a bed she can get into & out of by herself.

Switch to a bed instead of a crib? When she climbs out by herself on the regular.

• Options

Baby Monitor--We've rarely ever used one. Our house is small and we cosleep at night. We only use it when we're in the basement or outside. We'll use it as long as it is helpful. Someday if DS was 7 but sick in bed, it could be handy.

Bed- We do extended besharing at night (will end when he drives it or it is no longer working for us), but for naps DS started sleeping on a floor bed in his room at 9 months when he started crawling.

• Options

We still have a monitor on Aiden, because he runs around in his room at bedtime. We just like to keep an eye on him, same with Emily. So honestly I don't know when, maybe when this baby moves into their own room, we'll put Aiden's monitor in there.

I wish I had never ever switched Aiden from a crib. We did it at 2 for no reason and it was stupid. This baby will get Aiden's crib after we're done co-sleeping the first few months. Emily will stay in her crib until she attempts to climb out of it! 

• Options

I havent used the monitor since last summer, our house is small.

I will contain her in the crib as long as she doesn't try to crawl out of it.

• Options

Do you think you will stop using the baby monitor?  we don't anymore.  Stopped when she was around 7 months old.  We are right next door so we can practically hear her breathe without it.

Switch to a bed instead of a crib? I plan to wait awhile.  She is small and easy to lift in and out.  We may change it to a toddler bed this time next year, but not before then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"