April 2012 Moms

How do you keep a nursing bra dry?

I'm not talking about leaking throughout the day. When I nurse, I almost always spill a little on the bra, leaving a wet spot, which inevitably leaks then through my shirt. Sometimes, it's from me dripping (if LO pulls away during my let down to catch his breath). Other times, it's from a little leak out the side of LO's mouth. But it happens almost every single time I nurse. What am I doing wrong?
Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How do you keep a nursing bra dry?

• Honestly I don't think I was really wearing a nursing bra at 3 weeks old.  We were mostly just lounging around the house and I was topless a lot!  

Maybe try keeping a burp cloth handy to wipe away any spills? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsadamc 05:

Honestly I don't think I was really wearing a nursing bra at 3 weeks old.  We were mostly just lounging around the house and I was topless a lot!  

Maybe try keeping a burp cloth handy to wipe away any spills? 

I still have leaks on occasion, so I can't really go bra-less yet. I have to have nursing pads in all day long, which half of the time are simply able to prevent an unnecessary letdown. Also, I've had to nurse with family around or in public, so free-boobing it isn't an option then! 

Micah Leonard
  • Loading the player...
  • You can tuck a burp cloth in the bra after you fold it down to nurse, I think that's what I ended up doing. It seems like forever ago but it's really only been 3 years LOL
  • I always kept either a burp cloth or receiving blanket between my bra and my breast when I was feeding I found it helped to catch any leaks or spills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks girls! I keep a blanket/burp cloth near by anyway to wipe me and LO clean afterwards anyway. I'll just try to put it between us (and hopefully he won't try to suck on that, instead!). I'm glad to know that other people had to find a solution to this problem, and that I'm not totally doing this all wrong!
    Micah Leonard
  • I use a receving blanket or burp cloth and tuck it under my breast and under her chin, we are both sopping wet at the end of a nursign session. I have a fast letdown and plenty of milk so there is lots of leakage during nursing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs.Teddy:
    I use a receving blanket or burp cloth and tuck it under my breast and under her chin, we are both sopping wet at the end of a nursign session. I have a fast letdown and plenty of milk so there is lots of leakage during nursing!

I'm so glad we're not the only sloppy nursers! 

Micah Leonard
  • imageJenLiggons:
    You can tuck a burp cloth in the bra after you fold it down to nurse, I think that's what I ended up doing. It seems like forever ago but it's really only been 3 years LOL

This is what I did too.

• imageJenLiggons:
    You can tuck a burp cloth in the bra after you fold it down to nurse

That's what I do. 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like PP said, with my first DD I would tuck a burp cloth under my daughter between the bra and her, the good news is, that as your milk supply regulates, it becomes less of a problem. After about the first 6-8 weeks, I no longer had to do this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i did the same but with a baby washcloth which was usually enough and not too bulky! Thanks for reminding me - I've forgotten half this stuff!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"