Pregnant after 35
Options

embarrassingly spoiled

so, not to complain, believe me I am not complaining! but my DH and I have gotten some unusual gifts and some gifts from a few unusual people. Any one else?

my parents: a washer and dryer (what?! this doesn't seem like a baby gift, but my mother told me that no one should have to go to the laundromat with a baby, where was that thinking with my first two children? I lugged a newborn and a 2 year old to the laundry all the time! guess I am luckier this time around)

DH's parents: a ford taurus (a car?! its used but wtf anyway? FIL said he doesnt want me driving his granddaughter around in my crappy jeep. LOL)

my ex-husbands wife: baby clothes, baby bath items, a CRIB, all of the crib bedding (when did they get money? and does anyone else find it odd that its my exhusband and his wife giving us soooo much?)

a co-worker of my mother I have never met: a hand made blanket, 2 outfits and a highchair. (inccredibly nice, but I don't even know this woman!)

so again, not complaining because wow are we f*ing lucky but I always give mom's- to-be diapers and wipes (only a bigger item for my own sister) and I am feeling like a scum bag now. Embarrassed

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: embarrassingly spoiled

• Options

Wow - you have some great family members!! 

Pregnancy Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    Wowee! That's a pretty good haul. People are amazing - we received gifts from people we had never met (a friend's auntie) or barely knew (the woman who did the flowers at the church where we were married knitted a beautiful sweater and hat!). Some people just get excited about babies...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dang, I'm jealous. I got a crib, so that's a major relief, but nothing from anyone other than my friend (two Portal onesies) and my mom...who actually bought someone else a shower gift for a boy and changed her mind about it.
  • Options

Wow holy moly what gifts, you are very lucky and very spoiled hehe, your lucky your DH ex is that nice!!!!!  Dont feel bad, those are very extravagant but fantastic gifts, i only give baby clothes to family and a little more to immediate family, we dont have alot of money so no extravagance here Tongue Tied

I say BRING IT ON Wink

• Options
    That is awesome! I would be totally confused too, particularly by the ex's gifts, but WHATEVER. Enjoy it all, lady!!
  • Options
    When my first child was born, my parents bought us a TV. We had been wanting to get a tv for our bedroom and I needed something to keep me awake during middle of the night feedings with DD, so DH took my dad with him to go tv shopping when DD was just a few days old (my parents were in town to help us out with the new baby). My Dad surprised DH by paying for the tv at the checkout. I think my parents felt left out because DH's parents bought us our crib and mattress, so this was the next best baby gift they could think of!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

glad to hear there are some people getting gifts from people they don't know and the TV story is a lot like how I felt about the car.  the whole ex-DH and his wife thing still puzzles me, I keep thinking maybe they are trying to show that they are that much "better" than us?  But over all I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and just flatter them with thanks!  My DH keeps saying if he knew everyone was going to be sooo generous, he would have tried to get me knocked up last year.  LOL.  I just keep feeling a little embarrassedEmbarrassed

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"