Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Personal question....please forgive me! :)

How long was it before you and your SO/DH had sex after miscarrying?  What made you do it so soon/wait so long?  What did your doctor tell you in terms of how long to wait?

I mean just sex in general, not necessarily BD'ing.  :)

DS born 7/4/2007 TTC#2: 01/2012 | BFP: 02/07/2012 | EDD: 10/18/2012 | MMC: 03/22/2012 (10w0d) D & C: 03/23/2012 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Personal question....please forgive me! :)

• I was allowed to have protected sex after a week.  We were going to that day, but I wasn't feeling up to it.  We tried to the next day, but I habititually told DH to be careful of the baby, and started bawling.

We finally did the next day, it wasn't the most comfortable. 

• My doctor told us to wait about 10 days (and to use protection for a couple weeks). Its only been a week since my d&c so we still haven't...  I want to but I am afraid of the emotions that will come when we do have sex again. I'm still so broken... 
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor didn't really give us a specific time frame, other than waiting until after the bleeding stopped. I had a natural miscarriage at 7 weeks.  Not sure if its different for a later miscarriage or DNC

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My doctor told us no intercourse for two weeks post d&c.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • We had to wait almost a month because of doctor's orders, but since my last check-up, we got the okay for sex but no BD until after AF. I went to VS and bought something new because I thought that might help me get in the mood and feel sexy again, but I ended up taking it all back to the store because I didn't want to make our first time post-mc feel like a production (if that makes any sense). I thought that sex would be the farthest thing from my mind, but after the dr's okay, I was surprised at how much I wanted to feel that closeness with DH again. After the mc and d&c's, I felt like part of me had been not only broken but somehow vandalized because of the two surgeries, and having sex again helped me feel like I was still okay. I'm sure everyone's experience is a little different. For me it was emotional, but there was no physical pain or noticeable physical difference from before the mc.
    BFP #1 1.2.12 EDD 9.15.12 :: mmc 2.22.12. / d&c 2.23.12 :: 2nd d&c 3.16.12

"there is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

BFP #2 2.27.13 EDD 11.8.13 Grow, baby, grow!

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary

image imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image

~ all ALers welcome ~

• I'm glad you asked this because I have been wondering the same thing! It has been 3 weeks since my misoprostol-induced missed MC. My OB didn't give a specific time frame for avoiding it, but I just haven't felt up to it. My husband and I haven't had sex since we found out the embryo stopped developing, which was about 6 weeks ago. Now he's back at his job out of town, and we won't see each other for a couple of weeks.

Like JennOH85 I thought about getting some pretty lingerie, but you're totally right that would make it feel like a big production! I'm kind of dreading it because I don't want to get upset, but would like that closeness again.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • My DH is being supportive and we have talked about it, specifically my concerns and worries.  We didn't do it that often while I was pregnant because I would have bleeding every time and it scared me.  I told him the first time we do it after the m/c I would probably be emotional and scared that it was going to hurt or that I would "break something".  Smile.  He told me that he had no idea that I would be scared it would be painful or anything, but he could understand it being emotional.  I guess men sometimes just don't understand those types of things.  I'm getting to where I want to, because I miss the closeness, and right now, because of everything that is going on, I feel very close to him.

Right now it's pretty soon (my d&c was exactly a week ago), and my discharge instructions just said to "talk to my doctor" about when is appropriate, but I feel a little weird (and dirty lol) calling my doctor's office to ask that.  My follow-up appointment isn't for almost a month.

I think we want to start trying again as soon as possible and I think doing it before we start TTC again would be good.  I just wanted to get your opinions. 

Thanks everyone! 

DS born 7/4/2007 TTC#2: 01/2012 | BFP: 02/07/2012 | EDD: 10/18/2012 | MMC: 03/22/2012 (10w0d) D & C: 03/23/2012 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We were given the all clear at my one week post-op. It's been a month since then and I still can't bring myself to have sex again Embarrassed
  • My doctor actually never discussed it with me. I just went with when it felt right, which was almost two weeks after. I was still having bleeding but it wasn't crazy. It made me feel like things were getting back to normal. I had really missed feeling close to him in that way. It wasn't really uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it either.
    imagelogan and ruthieLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageMomLovesWine:
    We were given the all clear at my one week post-op. It's been a month since then and I still can't bring myself to have sex again Embarrassed

My OB said to wait one week to have sex, and we could TTC after AF arrived. However, it's been 3 weeks since my D&C and we still haven't had sex. I'm terrified of getting pg before AF comes and DH refuses to "bag it" (that's a whole oether story). Also, I feel emotionally ready, but I think DH is scared. We talked and we're just going to wait until AF shows up, as long as it's not too long. I'm hoping she will show her face next week!

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imageMomLovesWine:
    We were given the all clear at my one week post-op. It's been a month since then and I still can't bring myself to have sex again Embarrassed

My OB said to wait one week to have sex, and we could TTC after AF arrived. However, it's been 3 weeks since my D&C and we still haven't had sex. I'm terrified of getting pg before AF comes and DH refuses to "bag it" (that's a whole oether story). Also, I feel emotionally ready, but I think DH is scared. We talked and we're just going to wait until AF shows up, as long as it's not too long. I'm hoping she will show her face next week!

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• My OB recommended 4-5 weeks. I don't know if my "wait" period is so much longer due to having my D&C at almost 19 weeks. At this point Im not in a huge rush.
    Me:28 DH:30 TTC since 8/2011 BFP 12/5/11 Spontaneous fraternal twins EDD 8/16/12 Loss at 19 weeks 5 days due to I.C. and preterm labor. 1st D & C 3/23/12, 2nd D & C (due to retained tissue) 5/18/12 which resulted in a perforated uterus and hematoma). TTCAL since 9/2012. Mackenzie Grace & Sydney Adelle our sweet angels. May you always fly together. 3-22-12.
  • My Doctor didn't actually tell me- he told H after surgery while I was in recovery. He apparently gave him a good talk about how it would be emotional for me and what to do etc. Sometimes there are some nice perks to having a male doctor- he is great with my H... 
  • imageCherry0109:
    My Doctor didn't actually tell me- he told H after surgery while I was in recovery. He apparently gave him a good talk about how it would be emotional for me and what to do etc. Sometimes there are some nice perks to having a male doctor- he is great with my H... 

That's awesome.  :)  My doctor didn't tell my H and of course DH didn't think to ask (or was too embarassed).

• imagepkaren:

imageMomLovesWine:

In times like this my DH knows it's either bagging it or getting nothing at all!  So he resorts to bagging it.  :) 

• We had sex once I stopped bleeding, which was about 2.5 weeks post-D&C.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • We waited the recommended 2 weeks after the D&C, and I was still a little sore, so we had to stop.  I was fine a couple of days later.
    BFP #1: 10.28.11 - Natural M/C: 12.9.11 @9w3d
    BFP #2: 1.30.12 - missed m/c found on 2.27.12 - D&C 3.1.12 @8w 
    BFP #3: 1.02.13 / EDD 8.31.13 / It's a boy!  - Baby Henry born 8.14.13
    BFP #4: 9.28.14 / EDD 5.27.15 / It's a girl! 

• Two days after D&C. Felt a little bruised, and we used a condom, but it also felt right, and I felt ready. Dr hadn't said anything, but she had said that I could use a tampon if nec, so I assumed that meant okay for sex too. 

(If it helps, it was on a secluded rock, on a mountain, and I do find outside sex very good for the soul.) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"